View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SBS Transit Bus Service 154 is a trunk service plying between Boon Lay Interchange and Eunos Interchange, passing through Lakeside, Yuan Ching, Ayer Rajah Expressway, Clementi MRT, Clementi Road, Bukit Timah, Jalan Toa Payoh (PIE), MacPherson Road, MacPherson Estate and Paya Lebar.
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↔ Eunos Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Lakeside, Yuan Ching, AYE, Clementi MRT, Clementi Rd, Bukit Timah, Whitley, Jalan Toa Payoh (PIE), MacPherson Rd, MacPherson Estate, Paya Lebar|
|Route Length||32.5km (D1) | 34.4km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||110 min|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)
Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 0020 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 0020 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0500 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0530 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 05 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 16 mins
After 1930: 10 – 19 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 18 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 13 mins
After 1930: 10 – 16 mins
Service 154 is a major trunk route serving both residential estates and many schools between Boon Lay and Eunos, passing through Lakeside, Clementi, Bukit Timah, Toa Payoh, MacPherson and Eunos. The service provides bus connections to many institutions along the Bukit Timah and Clementi Road academic belt, as well as serving residents of Yuan Ching and MacPherson estates to nearby MRT stations. A large portion of its route runs alongside Service 151.
Demand for this service is very strong during the peak hours with student demand in addition to workers commuting between Eunos/Paya Lebar and the industrial estates near MacPherson Road. It is one of three bus routes providing the exceedingly high-demand sector between Clementi MRT and SIM/Ngee Ann Poly. During offpeak hours, demand remains moderate to high. It is also one of the few trunk routes to start as early as 5am (alongside Service 10 and 119). A large portion of its route runs alongside Service 151.
- Commonwealth Ave West (Blk 410) → Boon Lay Int
- Yung Ho Road (Blk 151) → Boon Lay Int
- Circuit Road (ITE MacPherson Campus 1) → Boon Lay Int
- Jln Ahmad Ibrahim (Aft Corporation Pl) → Eunos Int
Weekday & Sat: 0540hrs
- Service 154A: Yung Ho Rd (Blk 151) → Boon Lay Way (Lakeside Station)
Weekdays AM Peak, 0600 – 0845
- Service 154B: Commonwealth Ave West (Clementi Stn) → Clementi Road (Ngee Ann Poly)
Weekdays AM Peak, 0645 – 0920
Service 154A serves residents along Yuan Ching Rd to Lakeside Station before the first bus from Eunos can make its way to Boon Lay.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 154′s fleet comprises of a mix of Volvo B9TL, Volvo Olympians, Volvo B10TL and Scania K230UB buses. Additional Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses were added under the BSEP scheme.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1970s – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between MacPherson Est and International Rd (Jurong Industrial Estate).
- 1978 (01 Jun): Amended to Jurong Int
- 1988 (23 Oct): Diverted from Clementi Road to Commonwealth Avenue West and Clementi Avenue 6
- 1990 (01 July): Extended to Boon Lay Int and Eunos Int.
- 2006 (18 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2011 (04 Sep): No longer calls at the bus stop after Moonstone Lane along Serangoon Rd due to the closure of Whampoa North.
- 2011 (26 Jun): Amended to Lor Bengkok due to the temporary closure of Circuit Link for Downtown Line construction works
- 2011 (26 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (19 Nov): Relaunch of shortworking trip 154A on weekday mornings.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 1990: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1990.
- TransitLink E-Guide
- SGWiki – Buses
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles