Bus Service 155 will be extended to Bedok from 09 Apr 2017.
View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SBS Transit Bus Service 155 is a trunk route running from Toa Payoh and looping at Siglap Road, going via Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, Braddel Road, Upper Aljunied, MacPherson Estate, Geylang East Central, Eunos, Telok Kurau, East Coast Road and Siglap Road.
SBST Scania K230UB (SBS5171H) – Service 155
|Route||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↺ Siglap Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Braddel Rd, Upp Aljunied, MacPherson Estate, Geylang East Ctrl, Eunos, Telok Kurau, East Coast Rd, Siglap Rd|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||Daily:
0600 – 2247 (Weekdays)
0600 – 2251 (Saturdays)
0600 – 2252 (Sundays/PHs)
2300 – 0000 (155A | Terminates at Victoria Sch, Marine Parade Road)
|0630-0830: 11 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 19 mins
1700-1930: 12 – 18 mins
After 1930: 15 – 17 mins
|Notes||* Between 2300 and 0000hrs, buses leaving Toa Payoh Int will be renumbered as 155A and terminate at Marine Parade Road (Victoria Sch)|
Service 155 serves as a residential route between Toa Payoh, MacPherson Estate, Geylang East, Telok Kurau and East Coast. It is also the only service to make a complete loop within MacPherson Estate and emerge on Aljunied Road in both directions.
As an inter-town service providing unique connections, demand is moderate to low throughout the day, with increased demand during the peak hours.
- Merpati Road (Aft Jln Anggerek) → Siglap Rd → Toa Payoh Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0611hrs
Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0557hrs, 0609hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0555hrs, 0608hrs
- Siglap Road (Opp Mandarin Gardens) → Toa Payoh Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0611hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0609hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0600hrs, 0613hrs
- Merpati Road (Aft Jln Anggerek) → Toa Payoh Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0549hrs, 0614hrs
Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0607hrs
- Service 155A: Toa Payoh Int → Marine Parade Rd (Victoria Sch)
2300 – 0000 Daily (Last four trips daily)
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 155′s fleet has a majority of Scania K230UBs with some Merdeces-Benz Citaros added under the BSEP scheme.
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Kim Keat Avenue (Toa Payoh) and Bedok Rd/Upp Changi Rd, operated by Associated Bus Services.
- 1971 (02 Aug): Amended to Toa Payoh Town Centre
- 1974 (03 Feb): Amended to Kg Chai Chee
- 1974 (01 Dec): Amended to Upp Changi Rd (13.3km), and later 15.5km
- 1980 (15 Jun): Amended to Somapah Ter at Upp Changi Rd East
- 1983 (26 Dec): Amended to Toa Payoh Int
- 1988 (23 Oct): Amended to ply between Marine Parade Ter and Toa Payoh Int
- 1992 (03 May): Amended to ply Paya Lebar Rd and Geylang East Central instead of Geylang Rd/Sims Ave and Aljunied Rd
- 2001 (16 Sep): Amended to loop at Siglap Link with the closure of Marine Parade Terminal.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (29 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (Dec): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 2001: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2001.
- TransitLink E-Guide
- SGWiki – Buses
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles