SBS Transit Bus Service 155 is a trunk route running from Toa Payoh and looping at Siglap Road, going via Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, Braddel Road, Upper Aljunied, MacPherson Estate, Geylang East Central, Eunos, Telok Kurau, East Coast Road and Siglap Road.
|Route||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↺ Siglap Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Braddel Rd, Upp Aljunied, MacPherson Estate, Geylang East Ctrl, Eunos, Telok Kurau, East Coast Rd, Siglap Rd|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||Daily:
0600 – 2247 (Weekdays)
0600 – 2251 (Saturdays)
0600 – 2252 (Sundays/PHs)
2300 – 0000 (155A | Terminates at Victoria Sch, Marine Parade Road)
|0630-0830: 11 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 19 mins
1700-1930: 12 – 18 mins
After 1930: 15 – 17 mins
|Notes||* Between 2300 and 0000hrs, buses leaving Toa Payoh Int will be renumbered as 155A and terminate at Marine Parade Road (Victoria Sch)|
Service 155 serves as a residential route between Toa Payoh, MacPherson Estate, Geylang East, Telok Kurau and East Coast. It is also the only service to make a complete loop within MacPherson Estate and emerge on Aljunied Road in both directions.
As an inter-town service providing unique connections, demand is moderate to low throughout the day, with increased demand during the peak hours.
- Merpati Road (Aft Jln Anggerek) → Siglap Rd → Toa Payoh Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0611hrs
Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0557hrs, 0609hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0555hrs, 0608hrs
- Siglap Road (Opp Mandarin Gardens) → Toa Payoh Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0611hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0609hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0600hrs, 0613hrs
- Merpati Road (Aft Jln Anggerek) → Toa Payoh Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0549hrs, 0614hrs
Saturdays: 0545hrs, 0607hrs
- Service 155A: Toa Payoh Int → Marine Parade Rd (Victoria Sch)
2300 – 0000 Daily (Last four trips daily)
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 155′s fleet has a majority of Scania K230UBs with some Merdeces-Benz Citaros added under the BSEP scheme.
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Kim Keat Avenue (Toa Payoh) and Bedok Rd/Upp Changi Rd, operated by Associated Bus Services.
- 1971 (02 Aug): Amended to Toa Payoh Town Centre
- 1974 (03 Feb): Amended to Kg Chai Chee
- 1974 (01 Dec): Amended to Upp Changi Rd (13.3km), and later 15.5km
- 1980 (15 Jun): Amended to Somapah Ter at Upp Changi Rd East
- 1983 (26 Dec): Amended to Toa Payoh Int
- 1988 (23 Oct): Amended to ply between Marine Parade Ter and Toa Payoh Int
- 1992 (03 May): Amended to ply Paya Lebar Rd and Geylang East Central instead of Geylang Rd/Sims Ave and Aljunied Rd
- 2001 (16 Sep): Amended to loop at Siglap Link with the closure of Marine Parade Terminal.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (29 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (Dec): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 2001: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2001.