SBS Transit Bus Service 157 is a trunk service plying between Toa Payoh Interchange and Boon Lay Interchange, passing through Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, Lornie, Bukit Timah, Bukit Batok, and Jurong East/West Avenue 1.
|Route||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↔ Boon Lay Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, Braddel/Lornie Rd, Bukit Timah, Jln Jurong Kechil, Bukit Batok, Jurong West Ave 1 and 2|
|Route Length||25.1km (D1) | 24.6km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)
Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0510 – 2330 (Weekdays, Sat)
0535 – 2330 (Sun/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0530 – 0000 (Weekdays, Sat)
0545 – 0000 (Sun)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 07 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 10 mins
After 1930: 12 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 10 mins
After 1930: 12 – 18 mins
Service 157 is a residential route linking the residential and suburban areas of Jurong West, Bukit Batok, Bukit Timah and Toa Payoh. The service provides bus connections to many institutions along the Bukit Timah academic belt, as well as serving important inter-town connections along its catchment areas.
The service provides the only link between Bukit Timah and Toa Payoh Estate. In addition, it serves Bukit Batok Town Centre and Jln Jurong Kechil, providing alternatives for commuters who would otherwise rely on Express 506 (or Service 985 with transfer) between Bukit Batok and Toa Payoh. It provides the Boon Lay – Bukit Batok connection along with Service 174 and 187.
- Bt Batok East Ave 3 (Keming Pri Sch) → Boon Lay Int
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 157′s fleet comprises of a mix of Volvo B9TL Wrights, Volvo Olympians, Volvo B10M MkIVs and Scania K230UBs. This service performs crossover trips to Service 154 and Premium 564 during weekday AM peak hours.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1972 – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (22 Jun): Introduced between Lor 1 Toa Payoh and Jurong Shipyard, operated by United Bus Company
- 1971 (02 Aug): Amended to Toa Payoh Town Centre
- 1978 (01 Jun): Shortened to Jurong Int
- 1989 (27 Aug): Amended to serve Jurong East/West New Town via Jurong East/West Ave 1, Corporation Road.
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Interchange
- 2013 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1990: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1990.