SBS Transit Bus Service 163M is a trunk service plying between Sengkang Interchange and looping at Fernvale Lane, passing through Punggol Road and Sengkang West. It is a route variant of Service 163.
|Route||Sengkang Bus Interchange ↺ Sengkang West Avenue|
|Passes Through||Punggol Road, Sengkang East Ave, Sengkang West Ave, Fernvale Lane|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Uses buses from Service 163|
|Shifts||Refer to Service 163|
|Departure Times from T1||Operating at selected times of day:
Daily: 0515hrs – 0035hrs
|0630-0830: 59 – 59 mins
0831-1659: 47 – 57 mins
1700-1930: — mins
After 1930: 15 – 58 mins
- 2005 (12 Mar): Introduced as Short Working Trip 163A parallel to the former Service 371.
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 163A was directly renumbered to Service 163M with no route changes.
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (13 Oct): Route amendment due to permanent closure of a section of Jalan Kayu. Calls at a new bus stop along Fernvale Lane, does not call at relocated bus stops at Sengkang West Ave/Rd. 0.3km added to total distance.
Serving within the Sengkang housing estate, Service 163M is a supplementary route that helps to relieve demand on heavily used sectors of Service 163.
- Service 163: Sengkang Bus Interchange ↔ Toa Payoh Bus Interchange
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 163M′s fleet is identical to Service 163′s, comprising of crossover buses (usually a single-deck bus). Only one bus is deployed.
|Loop Service (via Sengkang West Ave)|
- 2008 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.