SBS Transit Bus Service 168 is a trunk service plying between Bedok Interchange and Woodlands Interchange, passing through Bedok Reservoir, Tampines, Tampines Expressway and Seletar Expressway. Much of this route covers express sector along the TPE/SLE corridor.
^ SBST Volvo B9TL Wright (SBS7663S) – Service 168
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Woodlands Regional Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Bedok North, Tampines, TPE, SLE, Woodlands Ave 2|
|Route Length||30.8km (D1) | 30.1km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)
Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0530 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 05 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 11 mins
1700-1930: 04 – 09 mins
After 1930: 11 – 13 mins
|0630-0830: 06 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 11 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 09 mins
After 1930: 08 – 12 mins
Service 168 is a residential inter-town route connecting Bedok and Tampines towns with Woodlands along the Tampines Expressway corridor. The route incorporates a long express sector (~20km) between Tampines Avenue 10 and Woodlands Avenue 2 along Tampines Expressway (TPE) and Seletar Expressway (SLE), but with an intermediate stop each at Tampines Expressway Bus Interchange & Jalan Kayu.
As the fastest bus link between Bedok / Tampines and Woodlands, Service 168 benefits from fairly high demand throughout the day. Service 969 offers an alternative route between Tampines and Woodlands, but takes a longer journey via Yishun.
- Tampines Avenue 1 (SAFRA Tampines) → Woodlands Int
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 168′s fleet comprises Volvo B9TL Wrights, with additional busesadded under the BSEP scheme. Single-deck buses make their occasional appearance.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 2001 (Apr – Nov): Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 (Nov) – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2001 (14 Apr): Introduced as a trunk service between Bedok Int and Woodlands Regional Int with express sector via TPE/SLE.
- 2001: Enhanced to call at additional pair of stops (68111 & 68119) along Jln Kayu.
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2012 (11 Mar): Calls at new bus stop along Bedok North Interchange (Block 204)
- 2012 (26 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the BSEP scheme
- 2014 (05 Oct): Calls at Tampines Expressway (Punggol Road) Bus Interchange
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to the new Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2015 (08 Nov): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Tampines Ave 9
- Refer to this article
- 2001: No significant route changes since 2001.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
- SGWiki – Buses
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles