SBS Transit Bus Service 182/M is a trunk route running from Joo Koon Interchange and looping at Tuas South Avenue 9, passing through PIE, Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Tuas West Drive and Tuas South Avenues 3, 9 and 5.
Service 182 calls at Tuas Checkpoint in both directions, but its route variant, Service 182M, calls at Tuas Checkpoint only on its return direction.
Service 182 & 182M was shortened to Joo Koon Bus Interchange from 28 November 2015, calling at all stops along Tuas West Dr. Operating hours were also amended.
|Service||SBS Transit Service 182||SBS Transit Service 182M|
|Route||Joo Koon Bus Interchange ↺ Tuas South Avenue 9 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Upp Jurong Rd, PIE, Jln Ahmad Ibrahim, Tuas Checkpoint (x2), Tuas West Dr, Tuas Sth Ave 3, 9, 5||Upp Jurong Rd, PIE, Jln Ahmad Ibrahim, Tuas West Dr, Tuas Sth Ave 3, 9, 5, Tuas Checkpoint|
|Travelling Time||75 – 90 mins||73 – 95 mins|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
0545 – 0915,
1210 – 1515,
2015 – 2200
0925 – 1200,
1530 – 2000,
2220 – 2315
|Frequency||Loop Service||Loop Service|
|0630-0830: 08 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 18 mins
After 1930: 17 – 18 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 11 mins
After 1930: 11 – 19 mins
Service 182 is an industrial trunk route serving the many industries of Upper Jurong, Tuas and Tuas South with connections to Joo Koon MRT. Reaching far out into the developing Tuas South areas, it also passes by Tuas Bus Terminal, making it the fastest transport connection between Tuas Ter and Joo Koon Int.
During selected times of day, Service 182M will operate. Service 182M calls at Tuas Checkpoint on its return direction only, whereas Service 182 calls at Tuas Checkpoint in both directions.
Route Shortening to Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 2 implementation (28 November 2015) shortens Service 182 and 182M to start from Joo Koon Bus Interchange, skipping existing sectors along Upper Jurong Road. At the same time, it will call at all stops along Tuas West Dr instead of plying express.
Passengers heading to destinations along Upper Jurong Road (Jurong Camp, SAFTI Military Institute, Arena Country Club, etc.) from Boon Lay Interchange can alternatively take Service 192.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See Above
|Loop Service (via Tuas South Ave 9)|
- 1998 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
SBS3619Y – 182
SBS8443D – 182M
- 1998 (05 Jul): Service 182 introduced by SBS; bidirectional bus route Jurong East – Tuas.
The route serves Tuas Checkpoint only in Direction 2 (Tuas → Jurong East). Route variant 182*, operating at selected times of day, will serve Tuas Checkpoint before terminating at Tuas Ter.
- 2001 (25 Feb): Shortened to start from Boon Lay.
The route serves Tuas Checkpoint only in Direction 2 (Tuas → Boon Lay). Route variant 182*, operating at selected times of day, will serve Tuas Checkpoint before terminating at Tuas Ter.
- 2002 (26 May): Services 182 & 182# merged with 183 and extended to loop at Tuas South Ave 9, and plying Jurong West St 64, Boon Lay Way, Upp Jurong Rd and PIE instead of Jln Boon Lay and Jln Ahmad Ibrahim.
- 2004 (19 Jan): Enhanced to call at all stops along Upp Jurong Rd
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 182# (182X) re-numbered service 182M.
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2013: Service improvement to Service 182 and 182M under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus (WAB) service
- 2015 (28 Nov): Route shortened to Joo Koon Bus Interchange. Express sector along Tuas West Dr removed, hence calling at all stops along Tuas West Dr.
- 2016 (04 Jan): First bus timing from Joo Koon Int brought forward to 5.45am instead of 6.00am
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.
External Links & References: