SBS Transit Bus Service 183 is a trunk route running from Jurong East Interchange and looping at Science Park Road, passing through Toh Guan Road, Toh Tuck Avenue, Clementi MRT, Clementi Road and Pasir Panjang Road.
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Science Park Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Toh Guan Rd, Toh Tuck Ave, Clementi MRT, Clementi Rd, Pasir Panjang Rd|
|Travelling Time||110 – 115 mins|
|GCM Route Package
||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 05 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 04 – 09 mins
After 1930: 16 – 19 mins
Service 183 is both a residential and an industrial route, serving housing estates around Toh Guan, Clementi and Pasir Panjang, as well as industries along Toh Guan Road East, Toh Tuck, and Singapore Science Park II. The route connects these areas to Clementi Town Centre and Jurong East Regional Centre.
This service experiences high demand during the peak hours from the various industries along its route, and as such, operates a proportionately large split-shift fleet to cope with increased passenger loading.
- Clementi Road (Opp Kent Ridge Ter) → Jurong East Int
- Service 183B: Jurong East Int → Toh Tuck Ave (Ulu Pandan R.I. Plant)
Weekdays AM Peak, 0716 – 0842
Frequency of 7 – 11 mins
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 183′s fleet comprises Volvo B9TL Wright and Scania K230UB buses. Additional Volvo B9TL Wright buses were added under the BSEP scheme.
- 2004 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2004 (22 Aug): Introduced by SBST to ply between Jurong East and Kent Ridge Ter via Toh Guan Rd East and Commonwealth Ave West.
- 2005 (03 Oct): Extended to loop at Science Park Rd, skipping Kent Ridge Bus Terminal.
- 2008 (01 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2010 (16 Aug): New short trip service 183B introduced from Jurong East to Toh Tuck Ave
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- Refer to this article
- 2005: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2005.
External Links & References: