SMRT Bus Service 184 is a trunk route from Bukit Panjang Interchange and looping at Clementi MRT, passing through Cashew, Upper Bukit Timah, Clementi Road, Clementi Avenue 2/5 and Clementi MRT.
|Route||Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park ↺ Commonwealth Avenue West (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Cashew, Upp Bukit Timah, Clementi Rd, Clementi Ave 2/5, Clementi MRT|
|Travelling Time||75 – 80 mins|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||18-metre Articulated Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from T1||0540 – 2300 (Weekdays)
0555 – 2300 (Saturdays, Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 06 – 07 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 10 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 11 mins
After 1930: 10 – 12 mins
Service 184 serves between Bukit Panjang and Clementi, via Upper Bukit Timah and Clementi Road. The route provides bus connections to many institutions along the Clementi Road academic belt, as well as serving residents of Clementi Avenue 5 and Cashew estates to nearby Clementi and Bukit Panjang Town Centres respectively.
This service is one of three bus routes providing the exceedingly high-demand sector between Clementi MRT and SIM/Ngee Ann Poly, alongside Service 52 and 154. Much of the demand on this route is from students commuting from Clementi/Bukit Panjang to Clementi Road. As such, demand is moderate to high during the day.
Formerly a Singapore Bus Service (SBS) route since 1993, the route was transferred to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS) in 1995 and has been operated by SMRT ever since. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a regular basis owing to high demand.
No boarding and alighting is allowed at Bt Panjang Temp Bus Park. The first and last stops are Blk 604 and Blk 183 respectively, along Bukit Panjang Road.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 184′s fleet comprises mainly of Mercedes-Benz O405Gs, with some MAN A22s.
|Loop Service (via Commonwealth Ave West)|
- 1993 – 1995: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1995 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1993: Introduced by SBS plying Bukit Panjang – Commonwealth Ave West (Clementi MRT) (Loop), via Upp Bukit Timah Rd & Clementi Rd.
- 1995 (02 Jul): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS)
- 2012 (16 Dec): Amended to start from Bukit Panjang Road with the closure of Bt Panjang Int, and buses terminate at Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park along Woodlands Road (north of Junction 10)
- 2014 (03 Feb): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 1993: No significant route changes since 1993.
External Links & References: