SBS Transit Bus Service 192 is a industrial trunk route running from Boon Lay Interchange to Tuas Terminal, passing through Jurong West Avenue 4, Pioneer Road North, Lok Yang Way, AYE, Tuas Avenue 1 and Tuas Link 4. It shares the Boon Lay – Tuas route destinations with Service 193.
From 28 November 2015, Service 192 will be amended to ply via Pioneer MRT and Upper Jurong Road, skipping Jurong West Ave 4 and Lok Yang. Affected commuters may take Service 193 after the amendment.
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↔ Tuas Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Jurong West Ave 4, Pioneer Road Nth, Lok Yang Way, AYE, Tuas Ave1, Tuas Link 4
From 28 Nov 2015:
Jurong West St 63, Upp Jurong Rd, Jln Ahmad Ibrahim, Tuas Ave 1, Tuas Link 4
|Route Length||13.3km (D1) | 13.4km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0545 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Tuas
||0630 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 06 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 12 mins
After 1930: 03 – 14 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 17 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 09 mins
After 1930: 12 – 16 mins
Service 192 is a largely industrial route serving Tuas Link, Tuas Avenue 1, Lok Yang and Pioneer Road North with connections to Boon Lay MRT/Interchange. It also serves part of Jurong West Neighbourhoods 6 and 7 through Jurong West Avenue 4. Like most industrial routes, demand is moderate to low during offpeak hours, but high during peak hours.
Route Amendment Due to launch of Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 2 implementation (28 November 2015) amended Service 192 to enhance connectivity between the Tuas Industrial Estate and Joo Koon MRT Station.
Service 192 and 193 had their routings between Boon Lay Interchange and Benoi Road mutually swapped. Service 192’s residential sectors (Jurong West St 64 & Jurong West Ave 4) and industrial sectors (Lok Yang Way, Pioneer Rd North) were subsequently replaced with Service 193. The new route of Service 192 plies Service 193’s old route, but replaces Jurong West Ave 4 with Jurong West St 63 instead.
- Tuas Avenue 1 (Western Digital) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0545hrs, 0558hrs, 0610hrs, 0623hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0545hrs, 0602hrs, 0620hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See Above
|Direction 1 (Towards Tuas)
||Direction 2 (Towards Boon Lay)
- Red Bus Stops indicates Bus Stop will be skipped after the Joo Koon Bus Int Route Amendments from 28 Nov 2015
- Blue Bus Stops indicates new Bus Stops after the Joo Koon Bus Int Route Amendments from 28 Nov 2015
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1989 (06 Nov): Introduced as a peak-hour loop service between Boon Lay Way (Lakeside MRT) and Tuas Terminal (Pioneer Rd), covering deleted sectors of service 175.
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to ply Boon Lay Interchange in both directions, and converted to full-day service
- 1990 (07 Jul): Amended to skip Tuas Rd
- 1994: Amended to loop at Tuas Ave 1 via Tuas Aves 5, 2, 4, 12 & 9.
- 1998 (02 Jan): Amended to ply Jurong West St 64 & Jurong West Ave 4 instead of Jln Boon Lay and Upp Jurong Rd
- 1999 (11 Apr): Amended to terminate at Tuas Terminal, swapping routes with service 193.
- 2001 (11 Feb): Merged with service 250 as part of the Jurong West Rationalisation, and amended to Lok Yang Way
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (28 Nov): Amended to skip Jurong West and Lok Yang as part of Joo Koon Int opening, serving Pioneer MRT and Upp Jurong Rd
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.
External Links & References: