SBS Transit Bus Service 193 is a industrial trunk route running from Boon Lay Interchange to Tuas Terminal, passing through Jurong West Avenue 4, Upper Jurong Road, PIE, Tuas Avenue 5/2/3/4/9/12, Tuas West Road and Tuas West Drive. It shares the Boon Lay – Tuas route destinations with Service 192.
From 28 November 2015, Service 193 will be amended to ply via Lok Yang and Jln Ahmad Ibrahim, skipping Upp Jurong Rd and PIE, replacing lost sectors of Service 192. Affected commuters may take Service 192 after the amendment.
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↔ Tuas Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Jurong West St 64, Jurong West Ave 4, Lok Yang Way, Benoi Rd, Jln Ahmad Ibrahim, Tuas Ave 5/2/3/4/9/12, Tuas West Rd|
|Route Length||15.7km (D1) | 16.2km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
– Volvo B10M Mark IV
– Volvo B10BLE
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Tuas||0650 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 06 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 19 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 19 mins
After 1930: 07 – 19 mins
|0630-0830: 18 – 19 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 19 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 09 mins
After 1930: 10 – 18 mins
Service 193 is a largely industrial route serving Tuas West Drive, Tuas Avenue 5/9 and Jurong West Avenue 4 with connections to Boon Lay MRT/Interchange. Along with Service 192, It also serves part of Jurong West Neighbourhoods 6 and 7 through Jurong West Avenue 4. Like most industrial routes, demand is moderate to low during offpeak hours, but high during peak hours.
Route Amendment due to opening of Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 2 implementation (28 November 2015) amended Service 193 to replace lost sectors of Service 192 when it was amended at the same time.
Service 192 and 193 had their routings between Boon Lay Interchange and Benoi Road mutually swapped. Service 193 takes over residential sectors (Jurong West St 64 & Jurong West Ave 4) and industrial sectors (Lok Yang Way, Pioneer Rd North) from Service 192. The new route of Service 193 plies Service 192’s old route between Boon Lay Interchange and Benoi Road.
- Tuas West Road (Bef Pioneer Rd) → Boon Lay
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0609hrs, 0632hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See Above
|Direction 1 (Towards Tuas)
||Direction 2 (Towards Boon Lay)
- Red Bus Stops indicates Bus Stop will be skipped after the Joo Koon Bus Int Route Amendments from 28 Nov 2015
- Blue Bus Stops indicates new Bus Stops after the Joo Koon Bus Int Route Amendments from 28 Nov 2015
- 1994 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1994: Introduced as a loop service between Boon Lay and Tuas West Dr.
- 1998 (02 Jan): Extended to Tuas Ter, and amended to ply Jurong West St 64 & Jurong West Ave 4 instead of Jln Boon Lay and Upp Jurong Rd
- 1999 (11 Apr): Swapped routes with service 192
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH).
- 2015 (28 Nov): Amended to ply Lok Yang and Jln Ahmad Ibrahim instead of Upp Jurong Rd and PIE as part of Joo Koon Bus Int opening Bus Routes Amendment.
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.
External Links & References: