SBS Transit Bus Service 199 is a trunk route running between Boon Lay and Nanyang Technological University, Along with Service 179, it is one of two SBST routes to serve NTU, but operates at lower frequencies.
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Nanyang Crescent|
|Passes Through||Jalan Bahar|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 0000 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0630 – 0020 (Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 04 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 05 – 10 mins
After 1930: 06 – 15 mins
Service 199 is one of two SBS Transit routes serving within Nanyang Technological University (NTU), providing bus connections to and from Boon Lay Town Centre. The route also serves residents of Wenya and Jurong West Central 1.
The route experiences comparatively lower demand from students and staff of NTU since most of its route serves the University residential halls rather than faculty buildings. Demand is moderate throughout the day.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 199’s fleet comprises of a mix of Volvo B9TL, Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses.
- 1979 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1978 (03 Jul): Introduced as Jurong Int – Nanyang Dr (Loop), serving Nanyang University
- 1979 (01 Oct): Amended to ply Corporation Rd, Jurong Rd and Upp Jurong Rd
- ???: Extension of operation days to include Sundays and Public Holidays
- 1989 (22 Oct): Amended to ply Yuan Ching Road and Boon Lay Way (Lakeside MRT) instead of Corporation Road.
- 1990 (01 Jul): Shortened to Boon Lay Int with the closure of Jurong Int.
- 2001 (Jan): Amended to skip parts of Nanyang Dr with the introduction of 179.
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2008 (01 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to ply Jurong West Central 1, skipping bus stops along Jln Boon Lay
- 2010 (08 May): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- Refer to this article
- 2009: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2009.
External Links & References: