SBS Transit Bus Service 200 is a trunk route running between Buona Vista and looping at Kent Ridge, via Pasir Panjang Road. It is the only bus service to serve South Buona Vista Road.
|Route||Buona Vista Bus Terminal ↺ Kent Ridge Bus Terminal (Loop)|
|Passes Through||South Buona Vista Rd, Pasir Panjang Rd|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ayer Rajah Bus Park (ARBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Volvo B10M Mark IV
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 2329 (Weekdays)*
0600 – 2335 (Saturdays)*
0600 – 2336 (Sundays/PHs)*
|0630-0830: 09 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 22 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 10 mins
After 1930: 10 – 27 mins
|Notes||*From 2340hrs, buses leaving Buona Vista Ter will terminate at Kent Ridge Ter.|
Service 200 is a connecting route between Buona Vista and Kent Ridge alongside Service 95, providing connections between Pasir Panjang and Buona Vista. It heads into South Buona Vista Road, a narrow two-lane road cutting through the forests of Kent Ridge. This service crosses over to Service 191 during off-peak hours.
The route experiences low demand during off-peak hours due to its limited catchment and the Circle Line between Pasir Panjang and Buona Vista. Demand is moderate during peak hours as workers commute between Buona Vista MRT and Ayer Rajah Industrial Estate / Singapore Science Park II.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 200’s fleet comprises of Mercedes Benz Citaros and Volvo B10M MkIVs.
- 1971 – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Upp Bt Timah Rd 10 m.s. (Ewart Circus) and South Bouna Vista Rd (near Pasir Panjang Rd), operated by United Bus Company. (Former site of Ewart Circus is now the junction of Jln Anak Bukit and Upper Bukit Timah Rd)
- 1974 (03 Feb): Amended to terminate at Upp Bt Timah Rd (near Bt Panjang Circus) and Pasir Panjang Rd
- 1981 (16 Aug): Amended to Kent Ridge Ter.
- 1981 (15 Nov): Amended to serve Upp Bt Timah Rd (Ewart Circus)
- 1988 (29 May): Skipped Portsdown Rd with the opening of Buona Vista Flyover
- 1993 (05 Dec): Shortened to loop at Holland Dr
- 2006 (17 Dec): Amended to start from Buona Vista Ter and loop at Kent Ridge Ter
- 2015 (22 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2006: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2006.
External Links & References: