View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SBS Transit Bus Service 400 is a trunk route serving the Marina Bay area, running from Shenton Way Ter and looping at Marina Gardens Drive, via Marina Blvd. It is a vital bus service link between Marina Bay MRT Station and Marina Barrage.
^ SBST Mercedes-Benz Citaro (SBS6651H) – Service 400
|Route||Shenton Way Bus Terminal ↺ Marina Gardens Drive|
|Passes Through||Anson Road, Cecil Street, Central Boulevard|
|Travelling Time||30 – 35 mins|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0700 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 20 – 20 mins
0831-1659: 19 – 20 mins
1700-1930: 19 – 20 mins
After 1930: 19 – 20 mins
Service 400 serves the Marina South area with connections to Marina Bay MRT and Shenton Way. Before the mass redevelopment of Marina South, much of the area was a park and Service 400 provided the bus connections needed. In recent years, the construction of the Circle Line Extension and Downtown Line have diminished the role of Service 400 as a crucial connecting route in the Marina South area; however it still receives demand from shuttling passengers between Tanjong Pagar, Downtown and Marina Bay MRT stations to the Marina Barrage and Gardens by the Bay (Bay South).
(Outdated) Parks 400 route diagramFormerly designated as a Parks service in 2005 (serving Marina City Park and Marina Padang), it was reverted back to a normal trunk route in 2009.
During festive occasions like National Day and New Year’s Eve, the Marina South area is a popular place for fireworks viewing and celebrations. Buses will be added to cope with the large increase in passenger demand.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 400′s fleet fully comprises of Scania K230UB buses. A bus from Service 402 will crossover to this service to facilitate mealbreaks.
|Loop Service (via Marina Gdns Dr)|
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1989 (30 Jul): Introduced as Shenton Way – Marina Mall (Loop), operating on Sundays and Public Holidays from 1400hrs-2300hrs.
- 2005 (14 Nov): Designated as Parks Services
- 2009 (15 Mar): Reverted back to trunk service.
- 2009 (19 Jul): Amended to Marina Gardens Dr (Marina Barrage), no longer serves Marina Grove, Marina Place & Marina Way.
- 2011 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (24 Jun): Amended to serve the new Marina Gardens Dr (along Gardens by the Bay) instead of Marina Mall.
- 2013 (29 Dec): Post-MCE route amendments to ply:
- Forward journey via Marina Stn Rd, Central Blvd, Marina Way, Marina Blvd, Marina Gdns Dr
- Return journey via Central Blvd, Marina St, Marina Stn Rd, Central Blvd and Shenton Way
- Existing bus stops along Marina Pl, Marina St and Marina Stn Rd abolished
- Calls at new bus stops along its new route
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: [Link]
- Forward journey towards Marina Barrage amended to Cecil St & Marina Blvd, omitting Maxwell Rd and calling at 4 additional bus stops
- Return journey via Central Blvd, new stop outside Marina Bay Stn. Existing stop along Marina St abolished.
- Skips 03222 Hub Synergy Pt along Anson Rd, and serves 03223 Intl Plaza instead
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles