SBS Transit Service 401 is a trunk route serving East Coast Park, running from Bedok Interchange to East Coast Park via Marine Parade and Old Airport Road.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Fort Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Siglap Rd, Marine Parade, Old Airport|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Other spare single-deck buses from BNDEP
|Departure Times from T1||1400 – 2200 (Saturdays)
1000 – 2000 (Sundays/PHs)
0831-1659: 20 – 25 mins
1700-1930: 22 – 23 mins
After 1930: 22 – 23 mins
Service 401 serves East Coast Park with connections to Bedok, Marine Parade and Old Airport. The route plies East Coast Park Service Road between Fort Road and Bedok South Avenue 1 (Laguna flyover), for the convenience of commuters heading to East Coast Park. The service only operates on Saturdays, Sundays and Eves of Public Holidays.
Demand is moderate to high with park-goers relying on the service between East Coast Park and Bedok, Dakota and Mountbatten MRT stations. The route also compliments Service 31 between Marine Parade Road and Old Airport Road.
Formerly designated as a Parks service in 2005 (serving East Coast Park), it was reverted back to a normal trunk route in 2009. The route graphic produced by SBS Transit reflects Guillemard Road, which was served only between 2006 and 2008 when part of Old Airport Road was closed for Dakota Station construction (Circle MRT Line).
Fare: See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 401′s fleet comprises of a variety of single-deck buses, with Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro buses being the most common.
|Loop Service (via Fort Road)|
- 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1976: Introduced from Kg Chai Chee to Big Splash (Loop), operating on Sundays and Public Holidays only
- 1985 (08 Sep): Amended to Bedok Int, with the closure of Chai Chee Terminal.
- 1989 (03 Sep): Extended along East Coast Park Service Rd to loop at Fort Rd, serving East Coast Park Service Rd in both directions
- 2003 (07 Jun): Extended to ply Orchard Rd and loop at Tomlinson Road on a trial basis
- 2004 (04 Dec): Shortened to its present route of looping at Fort Rd plying Marine Parade Rd, Amber Rd, Tanjong Katong Rd, Old Airport Rd & Mountbatten Rd. No longer serves the full stretch of East Coast Park Rd in both directions. Operations extended to Saturdays.
- 2005 (14 Nov): Classified as a Parks Service
- 2006 (19 Mar) to 2008 (28 Dec): Amended to ply Guillemard Camp Rd, Guillemard Rd and Cassia Link due to due to the closure of part of Dunman Rd/Old Airport Rd for Circle Line construction
- 2009 (15 Mar): Reverted back to normal trunk service.
- Refer to this article
- 2004: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2004.
External Links & References: