View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SBS Transit Bus Service 402 is a trunk route serving the Marina Bay area, running from Shenton Way Ter and looping at Marina Bay Cruise Center, via Marina Blvd. It is a vital bus service between Marina Bay MRT Station and Marina South Pier, prior to the opening of the Marina South Pier MRT Station on 23 Nov 2014.
SBST Mercedes-Benz Citaro (SBS6471K) – Service 402
|Route||Shenton Way Bus Terminal ↺ Marina Coastal Drive|
|Passes Through||Anson Road, Cecil Street, Marina Blvd|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0600 – 2345 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 12 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 19 mins
1700-1930: 16 – 19 mins
After 1930: 15 – 17 mins
Service 402 serves the Marina Coastal area with connections to Marina Bay MRT and Shenton Way. Generally low in demand, it shuttles passengers between Marina Bay and Marina South Pier or Marina Bay Cruise Center. During the annual Kusu Pilgrimage Season, more buses will be added in anticipation for much high demand at Marina South Pier.
With the opening of the Marina South Pier MRT Station under the North South Line extension on 23 Nov 2014, demand for Service 402 would likely be reduced as the main mode of transport to Marina South Pier from Marina Bay MRT Station would be the MRT rather than this service.
An additional bus was added in 2014 under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) to improve frequencies across the low-demand route.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 402′s fleet comprises of Scania K230UB buses. Additional Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses were added under the BSEP scheme.
|Loop Service (via Marina Coastal Dr)|
- 2006 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2006 (01 Apr): Introduced between Marina Coastal Dr & Anson Rd to serve the new Marina South Pier.
- 2011 (28 Nov): Amended to start from Shenton Way Ter & loop at Marina South Pier.
- 2011 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (13 May): Extended to serve International Cruise Terminal along Marina Coastal Dr, calling at the bus stop at Marina South Pier twice. Red/White destination plates were introduced, indicating ‘Cruise Ter’ (Red) & ‘Shenton Way’ (White) as a destination indicator.
- 2013 (21 Apr): Calls at additional pair of bus stops outside the Marina South Pier with the removal of Marina South Pier Ter.
- 2013 (29 Dec): Post-MCE route amendments to ply:
- Forward journey via Marina Stn Rd, Central Blvd, Marina Way, Marina Blvd
- Return journey via Central Blvd, Marina St, Marina Stn Rd, Central Blvd and Shenton Way
- Exsting bus stops along Marina Pl, Marina St and Marina Stn Rd abolished
- Calls at new bus stops along its new route
- 2014: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: [Link]
- Forward journey towards Marina South Pier amended to Cecil St & Marina Blvd, omitting Maxwell Rd and calling at 4 additional bus stops
- Return journey via Central Blvd, new stop outside Marina Bay Stn. Existing stop along Marina St abolished.
- Skips 03222 Hub Synergy Pt along Anson Rd, and serves 03223 Intl Plaza instead
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles