SBS Transit Bus Service 405 is a trunk route serving Choa Chu Kang Cemetery, running from Boon Lay interchange and looping at Old Choa Choa Kang Road and Lim Chu Kang Road.
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Old Choa Chu Kang Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jalan Bahar|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0700 – 1700 (Selected Days only)|
|0630-0830: 22 – 27 mins
0831-1659: 25 – 29 mins
After 1930: —
Service 405 serves Choa Chu Kang cemetary, crematorium and columbarium with connections to Boon Lay Bus Interchange and MRT station. This service has two u-turn points, one at the end of Old Choa Chu Kang Road, and the other spanning the width of Lim Chu Kang Road, just before Murai Farmway.
As a special ad-hoc service, it operates only during Qing Ming, Good Friday, First Ramadan, Hari Raya Puasa, Hari Raya Haji, Deepavali and All Souls’ Day. Exact operating dates will be released by SBS Transit closer to the first day of operations every year. Operating dates for 2015 can be found here.
During certain operating days with exceptionally high traffic at Old Choa Chu Kang Road, buses may be diverted to skip Old Choa Chu Kang Road entirely, looping at Lim Chu Kang Road and returning back to Boon Lay.
Operating Dates in 2015:
- 21, 22, 28, 29 Mar (Qing Ming period)
- 04, 05, 11, 12, 18, 19 Apr (Qing Ming period)
- 03 Apr (Good Friday)
- 18 Jun (First Ramadan)
- 17 Jul (Hari Raya Puasa)
- 24 Sep (Hari Rajah Haji)
- 02 Nov (All Souls’ Day)
- 07, 08, 10 Nov (Deepavali period)
During the Singapore SEA Games 2015, a temporary route variant Service 405M was introduced to bring convenience for commuters to go to the National Shooting Centre located at Old Choa Chu Kang Rd End.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 405′s fleet comprises of Scania K230UBs and Mercedes Benz Citaros from Soon Lee Depot.
- 1993 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1993 (18 Jul): Introduced as Boon Lay Int – Choa Chu Kang Rd (Loop)
- 1997 (05 Apr): Extended to serve Lim Chu Kang Rd
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH), and amended to ply Jurong West Central 1
- 2015 (30 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (07 Jun): Route variant Service 405M introduced
- 2015 (12 Jun): Route variant Service 405M withdrawn
- Refer to this article
- 2009: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1997.
External Links & References: