SMRT Bus Service 925 is a trunk route from Woodlands Regional Interchange and Choa Chu Kang Interchange, passing through Marsiling, Kranji Way, Sungei Kadut Street 1 and Kranji Expressway. On Sundays/PHs, this service plies an alternative route looping at Neo Tiew Cres, serving Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve and denoted as 925# or 925C.
|Service||SMRT Service 925||SMRT Service 925#|
|Route||Woodlands Regional Bus Interchange ↔ Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange||Woodlands Regional Bus Interchange ↺ Neo Tiew Cres (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Marsiling, Kranji Way, Sungei Kadut St 1, KJE||Marsiling, Kranji Way, Neo Tiew Rd|
|Route Length||18.5km (D1) | 18.4km (D2)||19.4km|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)
Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck bus:
|12-metre Single Deck bus:
|Departure Times from T1||Weekdays & Saturdays: 0600 – 2000
||Sundays/PHs: 0630 – 1920|
|Departure Times from T2||Weekdays & Saturdays: 0600 – 2000|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Loop Service|
|0630-0830: 05 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 20 mins
1700-1930: 12 – 14 mins
After 1930: 12 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 28 – 30 mins
0831-1659: 19 – 25 mins
1700-1930: 20 – 22 mins
After 1930: 22 – 22 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 20 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 08 mins
After 1930: 08 – 15 mins
Service 925 is a largely industrial route serving the industrial areas of Sungei Kadut and Kranji Road with connections to transport nodes at Kranji MRT, Choa Chu Kang Town Centre and Woodlands Regional Centre. The route plies Sg Kadut Ave, Sg Kadut St 1, Sg Kadut Dr, Kranji Way and Kranji Rd, the only bus service that caters to the industrial estate. It also brings park-goers to Kranji Reservoir Park, calling at 49199 Kranji Reservoir Pk B in both directions, performing a three-point turn within Kranji Reservoir Carpark B.
On Sundays and Public Holidays, service 925 plies an alternative route, sometimes denoted as 925C or 925# (but continues to operates as Service 925). The route serves Neo Tiew Cres, bringing more convenient access to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve, Kranji Nature Trail and the Kranji countryside. The weekend route skips Sungei Kadut and Choa Chu Kang, operating from Woodlands Regional Int only.
Introduced by Trans-Island in 1986, Service 925 (and its weekend variant) had undergone several major amendments before settling into its present form. It is also the only daily bus service to SMRT’s Kranji Depot along Kranji Road.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 925′s fleet comprises DAF SB220 and MAN NL323F buses. This service has a full split-shift fleet on weekdays; buses will crossover from Service 177 to serve this route during off-peak hours.
|SMRT Service 925|
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
|SMRT Service 925# – Loop Service|
- 1986 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1986 (06 Apr): Introduced as Woodlands Int – Sungei Kadut Ave (Loop), after merger of 204 and 208. Alternate route operating on Sundays & Public Holidays as Woodlands Int – Kranji Way (Loop), turning back at Kranji Reservoir
- 1995 (03 Jun): Weekend/PHs route (Service 925#) extended to Neo Tiew Cres (Sungei Buloh Nature Park) (Loop)
- 1996 (04 Feb): Serviice 925/925# extended to Woodlands Regional Int
- 1996 (10 Mar): Service 925 extended to Choa Chu Kang Int, converted to bi-directional trunk service
- 2005 (17 Jul): Service 925# extended to Lim Chu Kang Road (Loop) via Neo Tiew Cres, Neo Tiew Rd and Lim Chu Kang Lane 3
- 2007 (11 Mar): Service 925# amended back to loop at Sungei Buloh Nature Park
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (25 Aug): Extension of operating hours
- 2015 (11 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- (Service 925): No significant route changes since 2005.
- (Service 925#): No significant route changes since 2006.
External Links & References: