SMRT Bus Service 962 is a trunk route from Woodlands Regional Interchange and looping at Admiralty Street, passing through Woodands Avenue 5, 6, 7, Sembawang Cres and Sembawang Drive.
Service 962 will be Wheelchair Accessible from 20 March 2016.
|Route||Woodlands Regional Bus Interchange ↺ Admiralty Street (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Woodands Ave 5, 6, 7, Sembawang Cres, Sembawang Drive|
|Travelling Time||65 – 70 mins|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||18-metre Articulated Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2345 (Weekdays, Saturday)
0545 – 2345 (Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 04 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 10 mins
After 1930: 09 – 15 mins
Service 962 is a inter-town residential route running between Sembawang, Admiralty and Woodlands. The route serves Woodlands Ave 5, Woodlands Ave 6, Woodlands Ave 7, Sembawang Cres, Sembawang Dr and Admiralty St, with connections to Woodlands Regional Centre, Admiralty MRT, Sembawang Town Centre and other community amenities. Its primary area of service is Woodlands Neighbourhoods 5, 7 & 8, and Sembawang Neighbourhoods 3 & 4.
The route serves schools such as Spectra Seconary School, Sembawang Secondary School, Canberra Secondary School and Northoaks Primary School. Other public amenities served include Mandai Tekong Park, Woodlands Galaxy Community Centre (CC), Canberra CC and Sun Plaza.
The route encounters moderate to high demand throughout the day as it serves many residential areas, and high capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis. In addition, the route also serves various industries along Admiralty Street.
- Service 962A: Woodlands Regional Int→ Sembawang Drive (Opp Blk 484A CP)
Weekdays AM Peak only
- Service 962B: Sembawang Drive (Opp Sun Plaza) → Sembawang Drive (Sun Plaza)
Weekdays AM and PM Peak only
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 962′s fleet comprises Mercedes-Benz O405G and MAN NL323F buses.
|Loop Service (via Admiralty St)|
- 2001 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2001 (24 Jun): Introduced between Woodlands Regional Int and Sembawang Dr (Loop)
- 2003 (Jun): Extended to loop at Admiralty St
- 2005 (29 May): Amended to ply Sembawang Way and Sembawang Cres instead of Gambas Ave and Sembawang Ave.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (23 Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 2016 (20 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2005: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2005.
External Links & References: