SMRT Bus Service 965 is a trunk route from Woodlands Regional Interchange and looping at Sengkang Interchange, passing through Admiralty, Gambas Avenue, Yishun, Khatib, SLE, TPE and Compassvale. It is one of several routes plying express along the TPE/SLE corridor.
|Route||Woodlands Regional Bus Interchange ↺ Sengkang Bus Interchange (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Admiralty, Gambas Ave, Yishun, Khatib, SLE, TPE, Compassvale|
|Travelling Time||100 mins|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck bus
– Alexander Dennis Enviro 500
12-metre Single Deck bus
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Woodlands Int||Weekdays & Sat: 0530 – 2245 (Full Route)
Sundays/PHs: 0545 – 2245 (Full Route)
Daily: 2300 – 2330 (Terminates at Sengkang Int)
|Departure Times from Sengkang Int||Weekdays & Sat: 0530 – 2230
Sundays/PHs: 0545 – 2230
|0630-0830: 04 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 10 mins
After 1930: 10 – 17 mins
|Notes||From 2243hrs onwards, buses leaving Woodlands Regional Int will terminate at Sengkang Int.|
Service 965 is an inter-town route serving between the housing estates of Woodlands, Yishun and Sengkang. The route is frequented as a fast connection between Yishun and Sengkang due to its express sector along the Seletar Expressway (SLE) and Tampines Expressway (TPE). As such, it benefits from moderate to high demand throughout the day.
High capacity double-deck buses buses are deployed on a regular basis. SMRT’s Alexander Dennis Enviro500 double-deck buses appeared on the route since Nov 2014.
Service 85 also plies between Sengkang and Yishun, but serves bus stops along Sengkang West and Jalan Kayu before travelling to Yishun. Between Woodlands and Sengkang, Service 161 offers the faster route by skipping Yishun town entirely. From 2243hrs onwards (daily), buses leaving Woodlands Regional Int will terminate at Sengkang Int but continue to operate as Service 965 (without other indications of its half-trip nature).
- Sengkang Int → Woodlands Regional Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs – 0615hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0545hrs – 0630hrs
- Service 965A: Woodlands Regional Interchange → Yishun Avenue 2 (Aft NorthPoint Shop Ctr)
Weekdays AM/PM Peak only, excluding school holidays
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 965′s fleet comprises Alexander Dennis Enviro500 and MAN NL323F buses.
|Loop Service (via Sengkang Int)|
- 2002 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2002 (07 Jul): Introduced from Woodlands Regional interchange and looping at Sengkang
- 2003 (18 Jan): Amended to loop at air-conditioned Sengkang Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2013 (Feb): Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (07 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (17 Nov): Alexander Dennis Enviro500 double-deck buses deployed
- 2015 (Dec): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 2002: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2002.