SMRT Bus Service 969 is a trunk route between Woodlands Regional Interchange and Tampines Interchange, passing through Admiralty, Gambas Avenue, Yishun, Khatib, SLE, TPE and Tampines Avenue 12.
|Route||Woodlands Regional Bus Interchange ↔ Tampines Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Admiralty, Gambas Ave, Yishun, Khatib, SLE, TPE, Tampines Ave 12|
|Route Length||27.6km (D1) | 27.4km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Alexander Dennis Enviro500
18-metre Articulated Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2345 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0545 – 2345 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from T2||0530 – 2345 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0545 – 2345 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 04 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 09 mins
After 1930: 10 – 14 mins
|0630-0830: 06 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 12 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 08 mins
After 1930: 08 – 15 mins
Service 969 is an inter-town route serving between the housing estates around Woodlands, Yishun and Tampines. The route is frequented as a fast connection between Yishun and Tampines due to its express sector along the Seletar Expressway (SLE) and Tampines Expressway (TPE).
From Tampines Interchange, Service 39 also plies between Tampines and Yishun, but takes a much longer journey by serving Pasir Ris. Service 168 also covers the Tampines to Woodlands sector with a faster journey time than 969 by skipping Yishun town.
As the fastest public transport link between Tampines and Yishun, this service experiences good demand all day round with significantly higher demand during peak hours. Many buses are added during peak periods to cope with the demand increase, and high capacity Alexander Dennis Enviro500 double-deck buses were deployed in August 2014 to cope with peak hour loads. The journey between Yishun and Tampines takes around 35 minutes during off-peak periods.
At Tampines Interchange, passengers who wish to get a seat for the long express journey usually queue up at the boarding berth. Passengers can board the bus without joining the queue, usually only after all seats have been occupied.
- Yishun Ave 2 (Yishun Stn) → Woodlands Regional Int
- Sembawang Road (Blk 114) → Tampines Int
Weekdays AM Peak hours
- Yishun Ave 2 (Aft NorthPoint Shop Ctr) → Tampines Int
Weekdays AM/PM Peak hours
- 969A: Tampines Interchange → Yishun Avenue 2 (Yishun Stn)
Weekdays AM, PM Peak hours
Service 969A was introduced in 2013 to cope with high demand between Tampines and Yishun, where most of the demand of Service 969 is encountered.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 969′s fleet comprises Mercedes-Benz O405G, MAN NL323F and Alexander Dennis Enviro500 buses.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 2001 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2001 (15 Apr): Introduced between Woodlands Regional Int and Tampines Int.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (07 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (18 Aug): Alexander Dennis Enviro500 double-deck buses deployed
- 2014 (05 Oct): Calls at Tampines Expressway (Punggol Road) Bus Interchange
- Refer to this article
- 2001: No significant route changes since 2001.