View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SMRT Bus Service 975 is a trunk route from Bukit Panjang and looping at Lim Chu Kang Road End, passing through Teck Whye, Choa Chu Kang, Old Choa Chu Kang Road and Old Lim Chu Kang Road. The bus route serves as the sole bus connection to Lim Chu Kang, with the majority of ridership originating from foreign workers’ dormitories and army camps.
Service 975 will be Wheelchair Accessible from 20 March 2016.
^ SMRT MAN A22 (SMB1395P) – Service 975, with SMRT promotional advertising wrap
|Route||Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park ↺ Lim Chu Kang Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Teck Whye, Choa Chu Kang, Old Choa Chu Kang Rd, Old Lim Chu Kang Rd|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro O530
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Bt Panjang||0545 – 2249 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 2249 (Sundays/PHs)
2250 – 2336 (Daily | Terminates at Police Coast Guard, Lim Chu Kang Rd)
|0630-0830: 07 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 09 mins
After 1930: 09 – 16 mins
|Notes||Buses leaving Bt Panjang after 2249 hours will terminate at Lim Chu Kang Road (Police Coast Guard).|
Service 975 is both a residential and industrial route, serving both the estates of Teck Whye & Choa Chu Kang East, as well as many industries & army camps along Old Choa Chu Kang Road and Lim Chu Kang Road, with connections to transport nodes at Choa Chu Kang Town Centre and Bukit Panjang.
The route compliments Service 190, between Bukit Panjang, Teck Whye Estate and Choa Chu Kang, as well as Service 172 between Choa Chu Kang and Old Choa Chu Kang Rd.
This bus service loops at the former Lim Chu Kang Bus Terminal, which was converted to an ordinary bus stop after the introduction of Service 975. Buses leaving Bt Panjang after 2249 hours will terminate at Lim Chu Kang Road End (Police Coast Guard), the former Lim Chu Kang Terminal.
Formerly a Singapore Bus Service (SBS) route since 1993, it was then known as Service 175. The route was transferred to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS) in 1999 and renumbered to Service 975 in 2005. It has been operated by SMRT ever since. Due to height limitations along Lim Chu Kang Road, double-deck buses are not deployed along the full route.
As part of DTL2 Bukit Panjang Bus Service Enhancements, from 27 Dec 2015, Service 975 calls at an additional bus stop at Petir Rd – Bt Panjang Stn towards Lim Chu Kang to better connect with the Downtown Line, which becomes the first bus stop along its route. The poster is attached here.
SMRT DAF SB220 (TIB700X) – Service 975AShortworking Trips:
- Service 975A: Petir Rd (Bt Panjang Stn) → Lorong Rusuk (Aft Old Lim Chu Kang Rd)
Weekdays, 0710 – 0915, 1520 – 1900
975A buses will do return trips to Bukit Panjang starting from Lim Chu Kang Road (Opp Chinese Cemy Path 11)
- Lim Chu Kang Road (Police Coast Guard) → Bt Panjang Ter
0530hrs (Weekdays, Saturdays) | 0545hrs (Sundays/PHs)
- Brickland Rd (Opp Hai Inn See Tp) → Bt Panjang Ter
Weekdays AM Peak
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Single-deck buses are deployed on a regular basis. Two Double-decker buses from Service 972 perform special departures from Brickland Road (Opp Hai Inn See Tp) to Bukit Panjang during Weekdays AM Peak hours.
|Loop Service (via Lim Chu Kang Rd End)|
- 1993 – 1999: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1999 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
^ Two double-deck buses from Service 972 perform special departures from Brickland Road (Opp Hai Inn See Tp) to Bukit Panjang during Weekdays AM Peak hours
Service 975 turnaround point at Lim Chu Kang Road End————————————————————————————————————————————
- 1993 (18 Jul): Introduced as Service 175, Lim Chu Kang Road End – Upp Bt Timah Rd (Loop)
- Later amended to Sungei Tengah Rd, Brickland Rd and Choa Chu Kang Ave 3
- 1999 (26 Dec): Handed to TIBS
- 2005 (27 Feb): Renumbered to Service 975, Bukit Panjang Int – Lim Chu Kang Rd End (Loop)
- 2010 (28 Nov): Amended to Lor Rusuk & Lim Chu Kang Rd; the sector along Old Lim Chu Kang Rd had been permanently closed.
- 2011 (23 Oct): Skips 2 bus stops along Old Choa Chu Kang Road which was removed due to road widening works
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (12 May): Shortworking trip 975A introduced
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2015 (05 Oct): Start of double decker bus special departures from Service 972 during weekdays AM peak hours.
- 2015 (27 Dec): Calls at an additional bus stop along Petir Rd towards Lim Chu Kang as part of DTL2 Bukit Panjang Bus Service Enhancements
- 2016 (20 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2010: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2010.
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles