Premium Bus Service 542 is a Premium service operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from Yung Ho Road to Nicoll Highway. The route passes through Jurong West Avenue 1, East Avenue 1, Jurong Town Hall Road, AYE and Cecil Street, operating 3 trips in the morning and 2 return trips in the evening.
Operations for SBS Transit Premium 542 has been transferred to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from 22 Feb 2016.
The route has also been extended to start between Yung Ho Road and Nicoll Highway with new PM Trips.
|Route||[AM] Yung Ho Rd (Blk 151) → Nicoll Highway (The Concourse)
[PM] Nicoll Highway (Nicoll Highway Stn) → Yung Ho Rd (Cisco Recall)
|Passes Through||Corporation Drive, Jurong West Ave 1, Jurong East Ave 1, Jurong Town Hall Rd, Cecil St, Fullerton Rd|
|Current Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Jurong West
||0730 – 0750 (Weekdays)|
|Departure Times from Nicoll Highway||1810 – 1825 (Weekdays)|
|AM Peak: 10 mins | PM Peak: 15 mins|
- 2007 (16 Jul): Introduced by SBS Transit as a Premium Service from Jurong West Avenue 1 → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0800hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.00
- 2008 (21 Jul): Fare revised to $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (previously Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (30 Jun): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.80
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.50
- 2016 (22 Feb): Operations transferred to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd. Route extended both ends to Yung Ho Road and Nicoll Highway with 3 AM Trips and 2 PM Trips.
Premium 542 serves housing estates around Taman Jurong, Jurong East/West Avenue 1 and Jurong Town Hall Road with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It is a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT or other bus services to reach the city.
In 2014, City Direct 657 was launched between Jurong East and Shenton Way, which reduced demand on this service as a cheaper alternative. Express 502 also serves the Jurong East/West Avenue 1 catchment areas to Shenton Way, but via Orchard Road.
Transfer of Operations to Aedge Holdings
On 22 Feb 2016, Aedge Holdings took over Premium 542 from SBS Transit. The route was extended to start from Yung Ho Rd, calling at additional bus stops along Corporation Drive and Corporation Road. Also, it calls at more bus stops in the CBD, extending beyond Fullerton Rd to Suntec City and Nicoll Highway.
2 additional AM trips were added to cater to the fleet downside from a Double-Decker bus to a private coach as well as the increased demand catchment area. Moreover, 2 new PM return trips was introduced, plying via Suntec and Marina Blvd. The fare remains the same at $4.50.
- AM Peak from Yung Ho Rd: 0730hrs, 0740hrs, 0750hrs
- PM Peak from Nicoll Highway: 1810hrs, 1825hrs
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.50.
Fleet: Premium 542 operates on Private Coaches.
|[AM] Towards Nicoll Highway
||[PM] Towards Yung Ho Road|
- 16 Jul 2007 – 19 Feb 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 22 Feb 2016 onwards: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd