SBS Transit Premium 561 is a Premium service operated by SBS Transit from Upper Aljunied Road to Fullerton Road. The route passes through Mount Sinai Rise, Ulu Pandan Road, AYE and Cecil Street, operating one trip in the morning.
|Route||Upper Aljunied Road (Bef Joo Seng Rd) → Fullerton Road (Fullerton Sq)|
|Passes Through||Mount Sinai Rise, Ulu Pandan Rd, AYE, Cecil St|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB|
|Shifts||Weekdays: 1AM (1 bus)|
|Departure Times from T1||0800 – 0800 (Weekdays)|
- 2008 (30 Jun): Introduced as a Premium Service from Upper Aljunied Road → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0800hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (previously Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare revised to $3.80
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.00
Premium 561 serves the public housing estates of Joo Seng and private estates around MacPherson Road with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It provides a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT or other bus routes to reach the city. From Upper Aljunied Road, SBS Transit Service 100 also provides bus connections to the CBD areas.
One trip is operated in the mornings, departing Upper Aljunied Road (Bef Joo Seng Rd) at 8:00am on weekdays. Demand is moderate to low due to its limited catchment area, proximity to the City and availability of alternative bus routes, notably Service 100.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.00. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Fleet: Premium 561 operates on a Scania K230UB, running under crossover trips from Service 26.
- Upper Aljunied Road (Bus stop after Joo Seng Community Centre)
- Upper Aljunied Road (Bus stop after Blk 4)
- MacPherson Road (Bus stop outside Cencon Building)
- MacPherson Road (Bus stop outside Gulab Building)
- MacPherson Road (Bus stop opposite POSBank)
Jalan Toa Payoh (Express)
Outram Road (Express)
Cantonment Road (Express)
Keppel Road (Express)
- Anson Road (Bus stop outside International Plaza)
- Cecil Street (Bus stop opposite GB Building)
- Cecil Street (Bus stop outside Prudential Tower)
- Fullerton Road (Bus stop outside Fullerton Square)
- 2008 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.