SBS Transit Premium 564 is a Premium service operated by SBS Transit from Farrer Road to Fullerton Road. The route passes through Holland Road, Grange Road, Outram Road and Cecil Street, operating two trips in the morning, departing at the same time. It is also the only SBS Transit Premium route to not ply expressways.
|Route||Farrer Road (Opp Lutheran Twrs) → Fullerton Road (Fullerton Sq)|
|Passes Through||Holland / Grange / Outram Rd, Cecil St|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro|
|Shifts||Weekdays: 1AM + 1 Special Departure (2 Buses)|
|Departure Times from T1||0800 – 0800 (Weekdays)|
- 2008 (30 Jun): Introduced as a Premium Service from Farrer Rd → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0800hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (previously Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare revised to $3.80
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.00
- 2015 (16 Apr): Start of additional bus deployed due to passenger incident the day before.
Premium 564 serves the housing estates, private estates and condominiums around Farrer Road and Holland Road with bus connections to the CBD. It provides a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT or other bus routes to reach the city. This service is fully covered by alternative routes to the city: Service 186 and Service 75 head from Farrer and Holland to Shenton Way respectively.
This route does not ply any expressways, the only SBS Transit Premium service to do so.
Two trips is operated in the mornings, departing Farrer Road (Opp Lutheran Twrs) at 8:00am on weekdays at the same time. The addition of one bus was in response to a commuter incident as described below. The presence of alternative bus routes indicate that the route mainly caters to the niche market of commuters.
Premium 564 became the subject of public interest on 15 Apr 2015 when an online video showed standing passengers being forced to alight from the bus. As per LTA regulations, Premium services are allowed not to have standing passengers. On that day, the replacement Scania K230UB bus with lower seating capacity than the regular Volvo B10M Mark IV Strider bus (30 seats versus 46 seats) resulted in passengers being denied boarding. The incident was widely reported by local media, with many criticizing the rigidity of SBS Transit and LTA in disallowing standing passengers on Premium services.
SBS Transit commented that a 35-seater bus (most likely a Mercedes-Benz Citaro) was intended to be deployed, but the 30-seater Scania K230UB ran instead ‘due to exigencies’. This arrangement was performed to facilitate the retirement of the older 46-seater bus. They also added that the service had an average ridership of 35 passengers.
The following day (16 Apr 2015), two 35-seater Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses were deployed on the service in response to the incident. The two-bus arrangement has been in place as of May 2015.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.00. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Fleet: Premium 564 operates on two Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses, running under crossover trips from Service 28 and 90.
- Farrer Road (Bus stop opposite Lutheran Towers)
- Farrer Road (Bus stop opposite St. Margaret’s Secondary School)
- Farrer Road (Bus stop outside Blk 6)
- Farrer Road (Bus stop outside Spanish Village)
- Farrer Road (Bus stop opposite Tulip Garden)
- Holland Road (Bus stop outside Les Jardins de Holland)
- Holland Road (Bus stop outside Great Eastern Mansion)
- Holland Road (Bus stop opposite Peirce Road)
- Holland Road (Bus stop before Tyersall Avenue)
Napier Road (Express)
Grange Road (Express)
Irwell Bank Road (Express)
Kim Seng Road (Express)
Outram Road (Express)
Cantonment Road (Express)
Keppel Road (Express)
- Anson Road (Bus stop outside International Plaza)
- Cecil Street (Bus stop opposite GB Building)
- Cecil Street (Bus stop outside Prudential Tower)
- Fullerton Road (Bus stop outside Fullerton Square)
- 2008 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.