SMRT Premium 587 is a Premium service operated by SMRT Buses from Woodlands Ring Road to Shenton Way. The route passes through Wooodlands Avenue 6/1, PIE, Orchard and Fullerton, operating one trip in the morning.
|Route||Woodlands Ring Road (opp Blk 624B) → Shenton Way (opp MAS Building)
|Passes Through||Wooodlands Ave 6/1, PIE, Orchard, Fullerton|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||MAN NL323F|
|Departure Times from T1||0740 – 0740 (Weekdays)|
Premium 587 serves the residential blocks around Woodlands Ring Road, Woodlands Ave 6, Woodlands Ave 5, Woodlands Ave 2 and Woodlands Ave 1 with bus connections to the Orchard Road district, Bras Basah and Shenton Way, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. The primary service areas of this route are Woodlands Neighborhoods 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8.
SMRT’s Express 951E introduced under the BSEP scheme also offers connections between Woodlands and Orchard Road /Bras Basah/Shenton Way, charging cheaper fares (distance-based express fares). It also skips much of Orchard Road for faster travel to Shenton Way. Various stops are close to Woodlands MRT where feeder bus and train fares are much cheaper than Premium fares. The steep fares and cheaper alternatives make Premium 587 a more expensive alternative route to the city, but passengers get to enjoy the luxury benefits of Premium travel.
One trip is operated in the mornings, departing Woodlands Ring Road (Opp Blk 624B) at 7:40am on weekdays.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $5.50. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Fleet: Premium 587 operates on a MAN NL323F, and other spare buses may be used.
Direction 1 (towards Shenton Way) [AM Peak]
- Woodlands Ring Road (Bus stop opposite Blk 624B)
- Woodlands Ring Road (Bus stop outside Blk 644)
- Woodlands Avenue 6 (Bus stop opposite Blk 639)
- Woodlands Avenue 6 (Bus stop opposite Blk 630)
- Woodlands Avenue 5 (Bus stop opposite Blk 620)
- Woodlands Avenue 5 (Bus stop outside Blk 556)
- Woodlands Avenue 5 (Bus stop outside Blk 519A Car Park)
- Woodlands Avenue 5 (Bus stop outside Blk 515)
- Woodlands Avenue 2 (Bus stop outside Blk 511)
- Woodlands Avenue 1 (Bus stop outside Rosewood)
- Woodlands Avenue 1 (Before Woodgrove Condominium)
- Woodlands Avenue 1 (Outside The Woodgrove)
- Woodlands Avenue 1 (Bus stop opposite Fuchun Secondary School)
- Woodlands Avenue 1 (Along the road outside Blk 418)
- Woodlands Avenue 3 (Bus stop outside Blk 402)
Whitley Road (Express)
Stevens Road (Express)
- Scotts Road (Bus stop outside Far East Plaza)
- Orchard Road (Bus stop opposite Meritus Mandarin)
- Orchard Road (Bus stop outside Orchard Plaza)
- Orchard Road (Bus stop outside Macdonald House)
- Bras Basah Road (Bus stop outside Rendezvous Grand Hotel)
- Bras Basah Road (Bus stop outside NTUC Income Centre)
- Nicoll Highway (Bus stop outside One Raffles Link)
- Collyer Quay (Bus stop outside Clifford Pier)
- Shenton Way (Bus stop outside UIC Building)
- Shenton Way (Bus stop opposite Temasek Tower)
- Shenton Way (Bus stop opposite MAS Building)
- 2008 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2008 (30 Jun): Introduced as a Premium Service from Woodlands Ring Rd → Shenton Way. Charges a flat fare of $5.00. One trip departing at 0750hrs.
- 2008 (20 Oct): Route amended from Woodlands Dr 52/Ave 5 to Woodlands Dr/Ave 6/Ave 5
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fares brought down to $4.80
- 2009 (13 Apr): Departure time brought forward to 0740hrs
- 2010 (01 Apr): Original fare of $5.00 reinstated
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revision to $5.50