Premium 590 will be operated by Commute Solutions from 03 Jan 2017.
Learn more at our updated article at Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SMRT Premium 590 is a Premium service operated by SMRT Buses from Choa Chu Kang Crescent to Shenton Way. The route passes through Choa Chu Kang North 6/5, PIE, Orchard and Fullerton, operating two trips in the morning.
|Route||Choa Chu Kang Crescent (opp Blk 666) → Shenton Way (opp MAS Building)
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang North 6/5, PIE, Orchard, Fullerton|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Mercedes-Benz O405G|
|Departure Times from T1||0740 – 0750 (Weekdays)|
Premium 590 serves the housing estates of Choa Chu Kang Neighbourhoods 6 and 7 with bus connections to Orchard and Shenton Way, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. The steep fares and cheaper alternatives make Premium 590 a more expensive alternative route to the city, but passengers get to enjoy the luxury benefits of Premium travel.
From Yew Tee, passengers can also take the MRT, Premium 556 or Service 190 from Choa Chu Kang Int to the city.
Two trips are operated in the mornings, departing Choa Chu Kang Crescent (Opp Blk 666) at 7:40am and 7:50am on weekdays.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $5.50. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Fleet: Premium 590 operates on two Mercedes-Benz O405G from Kranji Depot, running as crossover slots from Service 176 & 188.
Direction 1 (towards Shenton Way) [AM Peak]
- Choa Chu Kang Crescent (Bus stop opposite Blk 666)
- Choa Chu Kang Crescent (Bus stop opposite Blk 661)
- Choa Chu Kang North 6 (Bus stop opposite Yew Mei Green Condominium)
- Choa Chu Kang North 5 (Bus stop opposite Blk 765)
- Choa Chu Kang North 5 (Bus stop outside Blk 708)
Choa Chu Kang Drive (Express)
Whitley Road (Express)
Stevens Road (Express)
- Scotts Road (Bus stop outside Far East Plaza)
- Orchard Road (Bus stop opposite Meritus Mandarin)
- Orchard Road (Bus stop outside Orchard Plaza)
- Orchard Road (Bus stop outside Macdonald House)
- Bras Basah Road (Bus stop outside Rendezvous Grand Hotel)
- Bras Basah Road (Bus stop outside NTUC Income Centre)
- Nicoll Highway (Bus stop outside One Raffles Link)
- Collyer Quay (Bus stop outside Clifford Pier)
- Shenton Way (Bus stop outside UIC Building)
- Shenton Way (Bus stop opposite Temasek Tower)
- Shenton Way (Bus stop opposite MAS Building)
- 2008 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2008 (08 Sep): Introduced as a Premium Service from Choa Chu Kang Crescent → Shenton Way. Charges a flat fare of $4.50. One trip departing at 0745hrs.
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fares brought down to $4.30
- 2010 (01 Apr): Original fare of $4.50 reinstated
- Late 2011?: Fares raised to $5.00
- 2012 (06 Aug): Second departure added, trips re-timed to 0740hrs and 0750hrs
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revision to $5.50
- TransitLink E-guide
Back to Premium Bus Services
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles