SBS Transit Service 174e is a Fast Forward variant of Service 174, plying between Boon Lay and New Bridge Road. It passes through Boon Lay Avenue, Bukit Batok, Tanglin, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Clarke Quay, Chin Swee Road and Outram Road.
|Route||AM Peak: Boon Lay Bus Interchange → New Bridge Road Bus Terminal
PM Peak: New Bridge Road Bus Terminal → Boon Lay Bus Interchange
|Passes Through||Boon Lay Ave, Bukit Batok, Tanglin, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Clarke Quay, Chin Swee Rd, Outram Rd|
|Route Length||28.1km (D1) | 27.7km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0652 – 0704 (Weekdays, Five trips)|
|Departure Times from T2||1751 – 1845 (Weekdays, Five trips)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 13 mins||1700-1930: 13 – 14 mins|
- 2005 (28 Mar): Introduced between Boon Lay Int and North Bridge Road to provide a faster travel between places where there is a high demand by calling at fewer stops.
- 2006 (20 Nov): Extended to New Bridge Road Ter, observing same route as Service 174.
- 2011 (01 Aug): Calls at an additional bus stop at Clarke Quay Stn along Eu Tong Sen St.
- 2015 (28 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
Service 174e was introduced as a Fast-Forward variant of Service 174. The service benefits resident of Jurong West and Bukit Batok with for commuters to get to their workplace more quickly than its parent route during the peak hours. It also charges express fares.
The route skips selected stops throughout its route in both directions. Its express sector between Jalan Jurong Kechil and Napier Road is highly flexible, with buses able to ply the PIE, Dunearn/Bukit Timah Road or Holland Road. The Holland Road option is preferred during school vacation periods when Clementi Road has substantially less traffic.
- SBS Transit Trunk Service 174
Fare: Charges express fares. See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 174e′s fleet comprises of Scania K230UBs and Mercedes-Benz Citaros, operating as crossovers from Service 174. Double-deck buses make an occasional appearance.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles