SBST Feeder Bus Service 229 is a Feeder service operating from Bedok Interchange and looping at Bedok South Road, passing through Chai Chee, Bedok South and Upper East Coast.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↺ Bedok South Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Chai Chee, Bedok South, Upper East Coast|
|Travelling Time||50 – 55mins|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0545 – 0040 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 09 mins
After 1930: 07 – 17 mins
Feeder Service 229 primarily serves the residents of Chai Chee and Bedok South to Bedok Town Centre. Originally introduced as Feeder 219 in 1985, the route was later renumbered to Feeder 229.
For residents of Bedok South, the detour at Chai Chee before arriving at Bedok Interchange adds to travel time and Service 38 offers a more direct connection.
Fare: Fares for Feeder Services are capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 229’s fleet comprises Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses.
|Bedok Interchange|||||Bedok South Rd||Blk 163|
|Bedok North Ave 1||—|||||Blk 171|
|Chai Chee St||Opp Blk 42|||||Blk 71|
|Chai Chee Rd||Opp Blk 24|||||Opp Blk 40|
|New Upp Changi Rd||Blk 32|||||Opp Lion Home For Elders|
|Bedok South Rd||Panasonic|||||Temasek JC|
|Fujitec S’pore Ltd|||||Aft Bedok South Ave 1|
|Opp Temasek JC|||||Opp Panasonic|
|Lion Home For Elders|||||New Upp Changi Rd||Opp Blk 32|
|Blk 40|||||Chai Chee Rd||Blk 24|
|Bedok South Ave 3||Blk 172|||||Chai Chee St||Blk 42|
|Aft Blk 156|||||Bedok North Ave 1||—|
|Upp East Coast Rd||Opp Temasek Sec Sch|||||Bedok Interchange|
- 1985 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1985: Introduced as Service 219, Bedok – Bedok South Rd/Ave 1 (Loop)
- 1986 – 88: Extended to loop at Upper East Coast Rd via Bedok South Ave 3
- 1999: Renumbered to Service 229, no route change
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (04 May): Last bus extended to 0040hrs daily
External Links & References: