SBST Feeder Bus Service 231 is a Feeder service operating from Toa Payoh Interchange and looping at Lorong 5 Toa Payoh, via Lorong 1 Toa Payoh and Braddel MRT.
^ SBST Mercedes-Benz Citaro (SBS6797X) – Service 231
|Route||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↺ Lorong 5 Toa Payoh|
|Passes Through||Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, Braddel MRT|
|Travelling Time||30 – 35 mins|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0505 – 0030 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 09 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 10 mins
After 1930: 09 – 11 mins
Feeder Service 231 serves residential neighbouhoods and schools along Toa Payoh Lorongs 1, 4 and 5 to Braddell MRT station and Toa Payoh Town Centre. Originally operating in a Green/White plate layout, it was replaced with a single Service 231 in 2012 and looped at Lorong 5.
Fare: Fares for Feeder Services are capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 231’s fleet comprises Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses.
- 1980s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1983: Introduced by SBS between Toa Payoh and Lorong 1 and 4, operating in clockwise and anticlockwise routes (Green & White plates)
- 2010 (02 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2012 (11 Mar): Amended to loop at Lorong 5 via Lorong 1 and 4, skips bus stops along Lorong 6. Merged into a single route, with no Green/White plates.
- 1983 (Green): Toa Payoh Int, Toa Payoh Lorong 6, Toa Payoh Lorong 4, Toa Payoh Lorong 1, Toa Payoh Lorong 6, Toa Payoh Int
- 1983 (White): Toa Payoh Int, Toa Payoh Lorong 2, Toa Payoh Lorong 1, Toa Payoh Lorong 4, Toa Payoh Lorong 6, Toa Payoh Int
- 2012: Current routing
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Toa Payoh Feeder services
Back to Feeder, Townlink and Intratown routes
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles