SBST Feeder Service 261 is a Feeder service operating from Ang Mo Kio Interchange and looping at Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1, passing through Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 and 10.
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↺ Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, 10|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck bus:
– Scania K230UB
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0510 – 0100 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 05 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 10 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 10 mins
After 1930: 05 – 10 mins
Feeder Service 261 is a short feeder route serving residents and schools at Ang Mo Kio Neighborhood 4 (along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10) with connections to Ang Mo Kio Town Centre, and also provides connections to and from Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1.
The service benefits from demand from both residential estates and the industrial estate in opposite directions during peak hours, making the route highly efficient in terms of fleet usage over distance.
During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings are extended to 1:05am to complement the extension of train operating hours.
Fare: Fares for Townlink Services are capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 261’s fleet comprises Scania K230UBs and Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses.
- 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1978 (11 Jan): Introduced by SBS as Ang Mo Kio Ave 6 – Ang Mo Kio St 24/22 (Loop)
- 1979 (19 Mar): Amended to loop at Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1
- 1980 (06 Jan): Amended to terminate at Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (Roadside Ter)
- 1981 (05 Jul): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Ter at AMK Central 2, skipping Ang Mo Kio St 22.
- 1981 (12 Jul): New route as Ang Mo Kio Ind Pk 1 – Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 & St 22 (Loop),
- 1981 (10 Aug): Amended back to AMK Ave 3 Ter – AMK Industrial Park 1 (Loop), following withdrawal of Service 264
- 1983 (10 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Int
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int at Ang Mo Kio Ctrl 2
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to air-conditioned Ang Mo Kio Int
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (Dec): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
Past Routings (Major Amendments):
- 1978: Not available
- 1979: Ang Mo Kio Int, AMK Ave 3, AMK St 22, AMK St 24, AMK Ave 6, AMK Ave 6, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ave 10, AMK Ind Pk 1, AMK Ave 10, AMK Ave 3, AMK St 22, AMK St 24, AMK Ave 3, Ang Mo Kio Int
- 1980: Not available
- End 1981: Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1, AMK Ave 10, AMK Ind Pk 1, AMK Ave 10, AMK Ave 3, AMK St 22, AMK St 24, AMK Ave 6, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ave 10, AMK Ind Pk 1, AMK Ave 10, Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1
- 1983: Current routing. No major amendments since 1983.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Ang Mo Kio Townlink and Feeder services
Back to Feeder, Townlink and Intratown routes
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles