New Shortworking Trip 265A will be introduced from 06 Jan 2017 to replace Peak Period Short Service 265P.
View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SBST Townlink Service 265 is a Townlink service operating from SBST East District (Ang Mo Kio Depot) and looping at Ang Mo Kio Street 64, passing through Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9, 2, 3, 8, Ang Mo Kio MRT, Street 53, 52 and 54. Along with Townlink 268, it is one of only two residential feeder routes to start from a bus depot.
|Route||SBST East District (Ang Mo Kio Depot) ↺ Ang Mo Kio Street 54|
|Passes Through||AMK Ave 9, 2, 3, 8, AMK MRT, AMK St 53, 52 and 54.|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck bus:
– Scania K230UB
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 0035 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 08 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 10 mins
After 1930: 10 – 13 mins
Townlink 265 serves Ang Mo Kio Neighbourhoods 1, 2, 5, 6, and the Sembawang Hills private housing estate with connections to Ang Mo Kio Town Centre, Yio Chu Kang MRT station and various other public amenities.
The route serves at Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange twice as an intermediate stop, with different queuing berths at the interchange for either direction. Passengers heading towards Ang Mo Kio Street 54 should board at Berth B2, and passengers heading towards Ang Mo Kio Depot should board at Berth B5.
Because no boarding and alighting is allowed within Ang Mo Kio Depot, the first passenger stop of this route is 55231 Opp SBST East District along AMK St 63, and the last passenger stop is 55311 Opp Yio Chu Kang Stadium along AMK Ave 9.
- Ang Mo Kio Int → Ang Mo Kio St 54 → Ang Mo Kio Depot
Daily: 0530hrs, 0541hrs
Peak Period Short Service Variant:
- Peak Period Short Service 265P:
Ang Mo Kio Int ↺ Ang Mo Kio Ave 10
Introduced 06 Jan 2015 , duplicates middles sector of service 265
Fare: Fares for Townlink Services are capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 265’s fleet comprises Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses.
|Loop Service (via Ang Mo Kio St 54)|
- 1983 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1983 (13 Aug): Feeder service introduced by SBS as Ang Mo Kio Int – Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 (Loop)
- 2002 (24 Mar): Merged with Feeder service 266 to form Townlink 265 following the opening of AMK Temp Int. Amended to start from Ang Mo Kio Depot.
- 2010 (28 Feb): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2011 (29 May): Amended to serve Ang Mo Kio Interchange with 2 separate berths for Ang Mo Kio St 52/53/54 & Ang Mo Kio Ave 2/5/9 direction.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 1983: Ang Mo Kio Int, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ave 8, AMK Ave 5, AMK St 53, AMK St 52, AMK Ave 10, AMK St 54, AMK St 52, AMK St 53, AMK Ave 5, AMK Ave 8, Ang Mo Kio Int
- 2004: Amended to current routing. No major amendments since 2004.
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Ang Mo Kio Townlink and Feeder services
Back to Feeder, Townlink and Intratown routes
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles