SBST Townlink Service 268 is a Townlink service operating from SBST East District (Ang Mo Kio Depot) and looping at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5, passing through Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9, 4, 3, Ang Mo KIo MRT and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2. Along with Townlink 265, it is one of only two residential feeder routes to start from a bus depot.
|Route||SBST East District (Ang Mo Kio Depot) ↺ Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5|
|Passes Through||AMK Ave 9, 4, 3, AMK MRT, AMK Industrial Park 2|
|Travelling Time||75 – 80 mins|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||– Volvo B5RLE Hybrid
12-metre Single Deck bus:
– Scania K230UB
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 0035 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 10 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 10 mins
After 1930: 10 – 14 mins
Townlink 268 serves Ang Mo Kio Neighbourhoods 1, 2, 6 and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 with connections to Ang Mo Kio Town Centre, Yio Chu Kang station, and various other public amenities. It is the only Ang Mo Kio Townlink/Feeder route to not serve Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange, and instead calls at a pair of bus stops outside Ang Mo Kio MRT Station.
As an industrial service, demand is very strong during peak hours between Ang Mo Kio MRT and Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park II, with additional trips in the morning performed by Shortworking Trip 268A. Portions of its residential route are shared with Services 76 and 269, which help to relieve high demand.
Because no boarding and alighting is allowed within Ang Mo Kio Depot, the first stop of this route is 55239 SBST East District along AMK St 63, and the last stop is 55231 Opp SBST East District along AMK St 63.
In 2014, a PPSS variant of this route, 268P, was introduced. It duplicates part of Service 268’s and operates during peak hours only.
- Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 (Blk 700B) → Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 → Ang Mo Kio Depot
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs, 0538hrs + Weekdays PM Peak
- 268A: Ang Mo Kio Depot → Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 (Techplace 2)
Weekdays AM Peak hours, 0646hrs – 0846hrs
Frequency of 11 – 29 mins
Peak Period Short Service Variant:
- Peak Period Short Service 268P:
Ang Mo Kio MRT ⇄ Ang Mo Kio Avenue 9
Introduced 06 May 2014 , duplicates part of Service 268
Fare: Fares for Townlink Services are capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 268’s fleet comprises Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses.
|Loop Service (via Ang Mo Kio Ave 5)|
- 1980 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1980: Introduced as Service 263 plying between Ang Mo Kio Ind Park 2 and Ang Mo Kio St 61. Later amended to Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 & 9 that same year.
- 1981: Amended to start from Ang Mo Kio Depot
- 1983: Amended to loop to Ang Mo Kio Ind Park 2
- 1984: Amended to serve Ang Mo Kio St 62/63/64
- 1997 (20 Apr): Directly renumbered to Service 268, given Townlink status
- 2002 (24 Mar): Merged with Service 267 with the opening of Ang Mo Kio Temp Int to serve Ang Mo Kio Ave 12.
- 2003 (27 Jul): Skipped Ang Mo Kio Ave 12 & 5 and part of Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 with the closure of Ang Mo Kio Ave 12
- 2003 (03 Aug): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 and Ang Mo Kio Ave 5.
- 2005 (01 Dec): Extended to ply Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 in the direction of AMK Ind Pk (Techplace II) due to redevelopment of a section of Ang Mo Kio Ind Park 2
- 2008 (01 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 1980: Ang Mo Kio Ind. Pk II (/s Blk 5093), AMK Ave 3, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 9, AMK St 61, AMK Ave 6, AMK Ave 9, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ind Pk II
- 1982: Ang Mo Kio Depot, AMK Ave 9, AMK St 61, AMK Ave 6, AMK Ave 9, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ind Pk 2. Return direction from AMK Ind Pk 2 via AMK Ave 3, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 9, AMK St 61, AMK Ave 6, AMK Ave 9, Ang Mo Kio Depot
- 1984: Ang Mo Kio Depot, AMK St 63, AMK St 64, AMK St 62, AMK Ave 9, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ind Pk 2, (U-turn at Blk 5094), AMK Ind Pk 2, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 9, AMK St 62, AMK St 64, AMK St 63, Ang Mo Kio Depot
- 2002: Ang Mo Kio Depot, AMK St 63, AMK St 64, AMK St 62, AMK Ave 9, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ind Pk 2, AMK Ave 5, AMK Ind Pk 2, AMK Ave 3, AMK Ave 4, AMK Ave 9, AMK St 62, AMK St 64, AMK St 63, Ang Mo Kio Depot
- 2005: Amended to current routing. No major amendments since 2005.
External Links & References: