SMRT Intratown Service 811 is an Intratown service operating from Yishun Interchange and looping at both Yishun Avenue 2 and Yishun Avenue 1, passing through Yishun Avenue 7, Avenue 5, Yishun Ring Road and Yishun Street 81. It operates as a dual-loop service, calling at Yishun Temp Interchange only on the Ave 2 loop.
|Route||Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Yishun Avenue 2 & Avenue 1 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Yishun Ave 7, 5, Ring Rd, St 81|
|Travelling Time||65 – 70 mins|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||18-metre Articulated bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
– MAN NG363F (A24)
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from T1||0520 – 0055 (Weekdays/Sat)
0530 – 0055 (Sun/PHs)
|0630-0830: 03 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 09 mins
1700-1930: 04 – 10 mins
After 1930: 05 – 14 mins
Intratown Service 811 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Yishun Ave 9, Yishun Ave 6, Yishun Ave 7, Yishun Ave 5, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Ave 3, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 4 and Yishun St 81, connecting them to transport nodes at Yishun Town Centre, namely Yishun MRT and Bus Interchange. Its primary area of service is Yishun Neighbourhoods 1 and 2 on the North Loop, and Neighbourhoods 6, 7 and 8 on the South Loop. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis due to high demand from Yishun residents and workers commuting to Yishun Industrial Park.
The route serves schools such as Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary, Naval Base Primary, Naval Base Secondary, Northland Secondary and Orchid Park Secondary. Other public amenities served include Yishun Town Combined Temple, Yishun Neighbourhood Park, Chong Pang CC, Yishun Town Gardens, Yishun Swimming Complex and Nee Soon South CC.
Service 811 operates in two loops, where buses will first ply the North Loop (via Yishun Ave 2) followed by the South Loop (via Yishun Ave 1). The 811 berth inside Yishun Temp Int is for the North Loop, while commuters heading towards the South Loop (via Yishun Ave 1) should board outside Yishun Temp Int at Bus Stop 59161 Opp Blk 201. Terminating trips will operate as Service 811E on the South Loop, indicating that the bus will terminate at Yishun Temp Int and no longer continue its journey on the North Loop.
- Service 811A: Yishun Int → Yishun Avenue 5 (Blk 145)
Weekdays PM Peak hours (1641hrs – 2256hrs)
Peak Period Short Service Variant:
- Peak Period Short Service 811P:
Yishun Central → Yishun Temp Int via Yishun Ave 1
Introduced 20 Jan 2015, duplicates south loop of Service 811
Fare: Fares for Intratown Services are capped at 3.2km. Refer to Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 811’s fleet comprises of Mercedes-Benz O405Gs and MAN NL323Fs.
|Loop Service (via Yishun Int)|
- 1996 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1996 (07 Jul): Introduced as an Intra-Town service between Yishun Int and Yishun Ave 5/St 81. Merged from feeder services 801 and 805.
- 2009 (01 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (23 Oct): Amended to serve Yishun Ave 2, 3 & Yishun Ring Rd
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int. South Loop boarding no longer inside the interchange.
- 1996 (South Loop): Yishun Int, Yishun Ctrl, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 4, Yishun St 81, Yishun Ave 1, Yishun Ave 4, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 3, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Int
- 2011: Present routing