SMRT Intratown Service 911 is an Intratown service operating from Woodlands Regional Interchange and looping at both Woodlands Avenue 2 and Woodlands Centre Road, passing through Woodlands Street 83, Street 82 and Street 13. It operates as a dual-loop service, calling at Woodlands Interchange twice in a single trip.
|Route||Woodlands Regional Bus Interchange ↺
Woodlands Avenue 2 / Woodlands Centre Road
|Passes Through||Woodlands St 83, 82, 13|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Mercedes-Benz O405G
|Departure Times from T1||0520 – 0100 (Weekdays & Sat)
0530 – 0100 (Sun/PHs)
|0630-0830: 02 – 06 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 11 mins
1700-1930: 04 – 06 mins
After 1930: 02 – 12 mins
Intratown Service 911 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Woodlands St 83, Woodlands Ave 4 , Woodlands St 82, Woodlands St 13 and Woodlands Centre Rd, connecting them to transport nodes at Woodlands Regional Centre, such as Woodlands Regional Bus Interchange & Woodlands MRT station. Its primary area of service is Woodlands Neighbourhood 8 on the East Loop, and Neighbourhood 1 & Woodlands Centre on the West Loop. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis due to high demand from residents in the area.
The route serves schools such as Qihua Primary School, Riverside Secondary School, Evergreen Primary School and Evergreen Secondary School. Other public amenities served include Fu Shan Garden, Woodlands Town Park East, Woodlands Town Garden, Woodlands Stadium, Woodlands Swimming Complex and Woodlands Train Checkpoint.
Service 911 operates in two loops, where buses will first ply the East Loop (via Woodlands Ave 2) followed by the West Loop (via Woodlands Centre Rd), while calling at Woodlands Interchange between loops. Terminating trips will operate as Service 911E on the West Loop, indicating that the bus will terminate at Woodlands Int and no longer continue its journey on the East Loop.
There are two separate queue berths at Woodlands Interchange for Intratown 911; passengers should check their direction of travel before boarding the bus.
During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings will be extended to complement the extension of train operating hours.
- Woodlands Int → Woodlands Int [West Loop]
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs
- Woodlands Centre Road (Woodlands Train Checkpt) → Woodlands Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0520hrs – 0540hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0540hrs – 0550hrs
Fare: Fares for Intratown Services are capped at 3.2km. Refer to Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 911’s fleet comprises of Mercedes-Benz O405, O405Gs and MAN NL323Fs.
|Loop Service (via Woodlands Reg Int)|
- 1996 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1996 (08 Dec): Merged from existing Feeders services 900 and 901.
Intra-town service serving Woodlands Regional Interchange to Woodlands St 82 & Woodlands Checkpoint Bus Terminus (Loop)
- 2001: Amended to ply St 82, Ave 4, St 83 and Ave 7 in both directions.
- 2003: Amended to loop at Woodlands Rd and Woodlands Centre Rd, skipping Woodlands Checkpoint Bus Terminus.
- 2014 (03 Feb): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2015 (14 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 1996 (East Loop): Woodlands Reg Int, Woodlands Ave 7, Woodlands St 83, Woodlands Ave 4, Woodlands St 82, Woodlands St 81, Woodlands Ave 9, Woodlands Ave 2, Woodlands Reg Int
- 2001 (East Loop): Present routing
Double deck debut:
- An Enviro500 (SMB5068H) made its debut appearance on 29 Oct 2015, performing two trips of Service 911’s East Loop (operating as 911E).The bus operated under a crossover slot from Service 960.
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Woodlands Intratown and Feeder services
Back to Feeder, Townlink and Intratown routes
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles