SBS Transit Service 89e is a Fast Forward route between Hougang Central and Changi Airfreight Center, passing through Sengkang, TPE, Loyang Avenue and Nicoll Drive, with an express sector on the PIE between Punggol Road and Loyang Avenue. Its parent route is Service 89.
Hougang Central Bus Interchange → Airport Cargo Road (SATS Cargo Terminal)
Airline Road (3rd Cargo Agents) → Hougang Central Bus Interchange
|Passes Through||Sengkang, TPE, Loyang Avenue, Nicoll Drive|
|Route Length||22.3km (D1) | 21.9km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B10M Mark IV
|Departure Times from T1||0650 – 0735 (Weekdays, Five trips)|
|Departure Times from T2||1751 – 1839 (Weekdays, Five trips)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 11 – 12 mins||1700-1930: 12 mins|
- 2005 (19 Sep): Introduced between Hougang Ctrl Int and Changi Airport Cargo Complex to provide a faster travel between places where there is a high demand by calling at fewer stops.
- 2009 (23 Feb): PM Peak trips start from Airline Road (3rd Cargo Agents)
- 2014 (24 Aug): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along the slip road of Tampines Expressway near Punggol Flyover
- 2015 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
Service 89e is the fast-forward variant of Service 89 and charges express fares. The service offers faster connections between the residential estates of Hougang and Sengkang with the industrial estates at Loyang and the Changi Airfreight Centre.
The route skips Pasir Ris completely, and only calls at selected stops along Loyang Ave. It does not call at any stops along Nicoll Drive.
Changi Airfreight Centre:
Changi Airfreight Centre (formerly Changi Airport Cargo Complex) is a restricted area and only staff with valid passes are allowed to enter. Auxiliary police officers will board the bus to check for staff passes at the Police Pass Office along Airline Road. Visitors who do not have a pass are to alight from the bus.
Fare: Charges express fares. See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 89e′s fleet comprises of Volvo B9TL Wrights, Volvo Olympians and Volvo B10M MkIVs.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.