SMRT NightRider NR1 is a late-night bus route running from Resorts World Sentosa to Yishun Ring Road, passing through Bayfront, City Hall, River Valley, Orchard, Thomson, Toa Payoh, Bishan and Ang Mo Kio.
Operating on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays, it is one of seven NightRider bus routes operated by SMRT Buses.
|Route||Resorts World Sentosa → Yishun Ring Road (Blk 798)|
|Passes Through||Bayfront, City Hall, River Valley, Orchard, Thomson, Toa Payoh, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
Any rigid bus
|Shifts||7 departures from RWS|
|Departure Times from T1||Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays
2330hrs – 0200hrs (the following day)
After 1930: 25 – 25 mins
NightRider NR1 is a late-night service connecting the city areas of Resorts World, HarbourFront, Bayfront, City Hall, River Valley and Orchard with the residential estates of Thomson, Toa Payoh, Bishan, Ang Mo Kio and Yishun. Operating only on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays (and special occasions if announced), the route shuttles late-night dwellers from the City to the residential estates outside the City.
Operating at a frequency of 25 minutes, seven trips are operated from Resorts World Sentosa, departing at 2330hrs, 2355hrs, 0020hrs, 0045hrs, 0110hrs, 0135hrs and 0200hrs.
The long route follows mostly major trunk roads from the City area to the housing estates. It also has an short express sector along the AYE/MCE between Keppel Road and Bayfront.
During festive periods such as Christmas Eve or New Years’ Eve, more departures and downroute buses will be added to cater for late-night dwellers. From the City to Ang Mo Kio and Yishun, Nite Owl 1N offers faster journeys by plying the Central Expressway (CTE).
NightRider NR1 has a rich history as the first NightRider service introduced by Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS). Introduced on 10th March 2000, it plied single-directional from Marina Centre to Yishun, and later converted to bi-directional loop operation. It offered daily service in 2003 after merger with SMRT NightBus SN20, which were subsequently cancelled owing to low demand. The route was extended to HarbourFront in 2007, and subsequently to Resorts World Sentosa in 2010 to serve new integrated resorts. In 2014, the route was reverted back to a single-directional night service terminating in Yishun.
Flat Fare: $4.50 (Cash / Ez-link card)
NightRider commuters who pay by ez-link card will enjoy a free transfer to another NightRider service within a stipulated time of 45mins. This is not applicable when transferring from an ordinary service to a NightRider service. Concessionary travel is not applicable.
This service uses any random rigid bus from Ang Mo Kio Depot, but most commonly MAN NL323Fs.
See also: NightRider & Nite Owl travel guide
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
TIB802K – NightRider NR1
SMB1326P – NightRider NR1
- 2000 (10 Mar): Introduced as a unidirectional night service from Marina Centre to Yishun
- 2000 (18 Dec): Converted into bidirectional service as Yishun Interchange – Marina Centre (Loop)
- 2003 (01 Jul): Merged with Night Service SN20 to provide additional unidirectional weeknight services which terminated at Woodlands, via Sembawang and Marsiling. Uses BusPlus minibuses on weeknights. No change to Friday, Saturday & Eve of PHs routing.
- 2004 (23 May): Weeknight services withdrawn due to low demand
- 2007 (21 Sep): Extended to HarbourFront Interchange, amended to loop at Yishun via Yishun St 61 & Yishun Ring Rd
- 2010 (29 Jan): Extended to Resorts World Sentosa
- 2010 (07 May): Amended to ply Bayfront Ave, serving Marina Bay Sands
- 2013 (29 Dec): City-bound trips amended to Anson Rd, Robinson Rd and Marina Blvd due to change in road alignment after opening of MCE. with no change in bus stops
- 2014 (30 Apr): Convert to unidirectional operations from Resorts World Sentosa to Yishun due to low ridership. Revised departure times from 11:30pm and 2:00am, and City-bound return services will cease to operate.
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.
External Links & References: