SMRT NightRider NR2 is a unidirectional night bus route running from Marina Centre Terminal to Sembawang Drive, passing through City Hall, River Valley, Orchard, Stevens, PIE, BKE, Marsiling, Woodlands and Sembawang.
Operating on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays, it is one of seven NightRider bus routes operated by SMRT Buses.
|Route||Marina Centre Bus Terminal → Sembawang Drive (Blk 317)|
|Passes Through||City Hall, Clarke Quay, River Valley, Orchard, Stevens, PIE, BKE, Marsiling, Woodlands, Sembawang|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||MAN NL323F
Any rigid bus
|Shifts||6 departures from Marina Ctr|
|Departure Times from T1||Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays
2330hrs – 0200hrs (the following day)
After 1930: 30 mins
NightRider NR2 is a late-night service connecting the city areas of Marina Centre, City Hall, River Valley and Orchard with the residential estates of Woodlands Centre, Marsiling, Woodlands New Town and Sembawang. Operating only on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays (and special occasions if announced), the route shuttles late-night dwellers from the City to the residential estates outside the City.
Operating at a frequency of 30 minutes, six trips are operated from Marina Centre, departing at 2330hrs, 0000hrs, 0030hrs, 0100hrs, 0130hrs and 0200hrs.
The route has a long express sector between Whitley Road and Woodlands Centre Road, plying more than 15km of expressway (along PIE and BKE). Other parts of the route follow major trunk roads.
During festive periods such as Christmas Eve or New Years’ Eve, more departures and downroute buses will be added to cater for late-night dwellers.
Flat Fare: $4.50 (Cash / Ez-link card)
NightRider commuters who pay by ez-link card will enjoy a free transfer to another NightRider service within a stipulated time of 45mins. This is not applicable when transferring from an ordinary service to a NightRider service. Concessionary travel is not applicable.
This service uses any random rigid bus from Woodlands Depot, but most commonly MAN NL323Fs.
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2000 (26 May): Introduced as a unidirectional night service from Marina Centre to Woodlands
- 2000 (18 Dec): Converted into bidirectional service looping at Woodlands Ave 4
- 2001 (03 Dec): Extended to loop Sembawang to serve the deleted sectors of NightRider NR9. Return sector via Woodlands Avenue 3 abolished.
- 2014 (30 Apr): Converted to unidirectional operation from Marina Centre to Sembawang. Revised departure times from 11:30pm and 2:00am, and City-bound return services will cease to operate.
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.
External Links & References: