View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SMRT NightRider NR6 is an overnight bus route running from Resorts World Sentosa to Anchorvale Drive, passing through Bayfront, City Hall, River Valley, Orchard, Little India, Boon Keng, Serangoon, Hougang and Sengkang.
Operating on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays, it is one of seven NightRider bus routes operated by SMRT Buses.
^ SMRT Mercedes-Benz OC500LE (SMB35K) – NightRider NR6
|Route||Resorts World Sentosa → Compassvale Drive (Blk 225A)|
|Passes Through||Bayfront, City Hall, River Valley, Orchard, Little India, Boon Keng, Serangoon, Hougang, Sengkang|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||MAN NL323F
Any rigid bus
|Shifts||6 departures from RWS|
|Departure Times from T1||Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays
2335hrs – 0200hrs (the following day)
After 1930: 29 mins
NightRider NR6 is a late-night service connecting the city areas of Resorts World, HarbourFront, Bayfront, City Hall, River Valley, Orchard and Little India with the residential estates of Boon Keng, Potong Pasir, Serangoon, Hougang and Sengkang. Operating only on Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays (and special occasions if announced), the route shuttles late-night dwellers from the City to the residential estates outside the City.
Operating at a frequency of 29 minutes, six trips are operated from Resorts World Sentosa, departing at 2335hrs, 0004hrs, 0033hrs, 0102hrs, 0131hrs and 0200hrs.
The route has an short express sector along the AYE between Keppel Road and Bayfront. Most of the route follows major trunk roads from the cities to the housing estates. During festive periods such as Christmas Eve or New Years’ Eve, more departures and downroute buses will be added to cater for late-night dwellers. From the City to Hougang and parts of Sengkang, Nite Owl 6N offers faster journeys by plying the Central Expressway (CTE).
NightRider NR6 was introduced on 26th May 2000 by Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS). Originally a single-directional service from Marina Centre to Sengkang, it was later converted to bi-directional loop operation. The route was extended to HarbourFront in 2007, and subsequently to Resorts World Sentosa in 2010 to serve new integrated resorts. In 2014, the route was reverted back to a single-directional night service terminating at Sengkang.
Flat Fare: $4.50 (Cash / Ez-link card)
NightRider commuters who pay by ez-link card will enjoy a free transfer to another NightRider service within a stipulated time of 45mins. This is not applicable when transferring from an ordinary service to a NightRider service. Concessionary travel is not applicable.
This service uses any random rigid bus from Ang Mo Kio Depot, most commonly MAN NL323F buses.
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2000 (26 May): Introduced as a unidirectional night service from Marina Centre to Sengkang
- 2000 (18 Dec): Converted to Marina Centre – Compassvale Rd (Loop)
- 2002: Extended to loop at Anchorvale Link
- 2007 (21 Sep): Extended to HarbourFront Interchange
- 2010 (29 Jan): Extended to Resorts World Sentosa
- 2010 (07 May): Amended to ply Bayfront Ave, sering Marina Bay Sands
- 2011 (16 Oct): Amended to serve Middle Rd, Selegie Rd & Prinsep St with the closure of Bencoolen St
- 2013 (29 Dec): City-bound trips amended to Anson Rd, Robinson Rd and Marina Blvd due to change in road alignment after opening of MCE. with no change in bus stops
- 2014 (30 Apr): Converted to unidirectional operation from Marina Centre to Sengkang due to low ridership. Revised departure times from 11:30pm and 2:00am, and City-bound return services will cease to operate.
- Refer to this article
- 2014: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2014.
SMRT Mercedes-Benz O405 Volgren (TIB958U) – NightRider NR6————————————————————————————————————————————
External Links & References:
- TransitLink E-Guide
- SGWiki – Buses
Back to NightRider Services
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles