Tower Transit Singapore has taken over operations of Bus Service 97e since Jun 2016.
View the updated article at our new site, Land Transport Guru. Click here to continue.
SBS Transit Service 97e is a Fast Forward variant of Service 97, plying between Jurong East and Marina Centre. It passes through AYE, Alexandra, HarbourFront, Shenton Way, Bayfront and Suntec City. It is also the first Fast-Forward route to be introduced.
|Route||AM Peak: Jurong East Bus Interchange → Marina Centre Bus Terminal
PM Peak: Marina Centre Bus Terminal → Jurong East Bus Interchange
|Passes Through||AYE, Alexandra, HarbourFront, Shenton Way, Bayfront, Suntec City|
|Route Length||22.0km (D1) | 23.2km (D2)|
|GCM Route Package
||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB|
|Departure Times from T1||0736 – 0824 (Weekdays)|
|Departure Times from T2||1806 – 1854 (Weekdays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 12 mins||1700-1930: 12 mins|
- 2005 (03 Jan): Introduced between Jurong East and Fullerton Road to provide a faster travel between places where there is a high demand by calling at fewer stops.
- 2009 (23 Feb): Calls at additional bus stop along Telok Blangah Rd (Blk 45), also extended from Fullerton Rd to Marina Centre via Esplanade Dr, Temasek Blvd, Temasek Ave and Raffles Ave. AM Peak trips from Jurong East end at Raffles Ave, while PM Peak trips from Temasek Blvd end at Jurong East.
- 2010 (26 Apr): Amended to Marina Bay Sands via Robinson Rd, Marina Blvd, Bayfront Ave & terminating at Marina Centre Terminal via Temasek Ave, Temasek Blvd & Raffles Blvd. In its return trip, it uses Raffles Ave, Temasek Blvd, Temasek Ave, Bayfront Ave & Central Blvd towards Shenton Way, skipping 5 bus stops along Robinson Rd, Fullerton Rd, Esplanade Dr, Collyer Quay & Raffles Quay. The bus stop skipped along Robinson Rd (Opp AIA Twr) will be replaced by (Opp The Ogilvy Ctr).
- 2013 (01 Dec): Calls at a new bus stop (03529 Downtown Stn) along Central Blvd
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: Bus stop 03539 along Central Blvd relocated
- 2015 (28 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
Service 97e was introduced as a Fast-Forward variant of Service 97, offering quicker journeys for residents of Jurong East, Clementi and Portsdown with industries at Alexandra, HarbourFront and the City areas of Shenton Way, Bayfront and Marina Centre. Operating during the peak hours, it also charges express fares.
The route skips selected stops throughout its route in both directions, and unlike other Fast-Forward services, the route is identical to is parent route (Service 97).
- SBS Transit Trunk Service 97
Fare: Charges express fares. See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 97e′s fleet comprises of Scania K230UBs, operating as crossovers from Service 97.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- TransitLink E-Guide
Back to Bus Services
Back to Bus Articles