SBS Transit Bus Service 246 is a Jurong Industrial Service running from Boon Lay Bus Interchange and looping at Boon Lay Drive, passing through Chin Bee and Corporation Road. Despite being classified as an industrial route, a large portion of the route plies through residential estates along Corporation Drive and Boon Lay Place.
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Boon Lay Drive (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Chin Bee, Jalan Tukang, Corporation Road, Lakeside MRT, Boon Lay Place|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from T1||0545 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 12 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 11 – 13 mins
After 1930: 16 – 19 mins
Service 246 primarily serves industrial estates around Chin Bee and Jalan Tukang with connections to Jurong West Town Centre. A large portion of this route also plies residential estates, supplementing existing bus connections between the residential estates of Taman Jurong and Boon Lay Gardens to Lakeside MRT Station.
The route compliments Service 240 between Boon Lay Gardens and Lakeside MRT, and also Services 49, 98, 154 and 240 between Lakeside MRT and Taman Jurong.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 246′s fleet comprises air-conditioned Volvo B9TL Wright, Volvo Olympian and Scania K230UB buses. Non air-conditioned Volvo Olympian 2-axles have been retired since late 2013.
|Loop Service (via Boon Lay Dr)|
- 1977 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1977: Introduced as Boon Lay Gardens – Jln Tukang (Loop)
- 1978 (01 Jun): Amended to Jurong Int – Boon Lay Garden (Loop) with the opening of Jurong Interchange.
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Interchange and loop at Third Chin Bee Road via Boon Lay Gardens, when Jurong Int closed
- 1995 (15 Jan): Amended to loop at Boon Lay Drive via Chin Bee Dr, Quality Rd and Jln Tukang, skipping International Rd, Third Chin Bee Rd and Chin Bee Ave. Deleted sectors covered by amended service 79.
- 2006 (11 Jun): Amended to ply Tah Ching Road instead of Kang Ching Rd
- 2011: Air-conditioned buses deployed
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2006: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2006.
External Links & References: