SBS Transit Bus Service 249 is a Jurong Industrial Service running from Boon Lay Bus Interchange and looping at Jalan Samulun, passing through Jalan Boon Lay and Jalan Buroh. It is the only JIS to ply an offshore island, and the first to receive a fully air-conditioned fleet.
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Jalan Samulun (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jalan Boon Lay, Jalan Buroh, Tanjong Kling|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
|Departure Times from T1||0545 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 06 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 18 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 10 mins
After 1930: 13 – 26 mins
Service 249 is an industrial route linking the industries around Jalan Boon Lay, Jalan Buroh, Tanjong Kling and Pulau Samulun to the Jurong West Town Centre. Its sectors along Tanjong Kling Road and Jln Samulun mainly serves workers at Jurong Shipyard.
As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 249′s fleet comprises air-conditioned Volvo B9TL and Volvo Olympian buses. It is the first Jurong Industrial Servce to have a fully air-conditioned permanent fleet (without non-aircon Volvo Olympian 2-axles).
|Loop Service (via Jln Samulun)|
- 1978 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1978 (01 Jun): Introduced as Jurong Int – Jalan Samulun (Loop)
- 1990 (1 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int – Jalan Samulun (Loop) when Jurong Int closed, no longer serves Tanjong Kling Rd (Jurong Shipyard) on return direction
- 2001 (11 Feb): Amended to serve all stops along Jln Boon Lay during the Jurong West Rationalisation
- 2006 (04 Mar): Amended to ply Jalan Buroh & Tanjong Kling Rd in both directions.
- 2007: Air-conditioned buses deployed
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2006: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2006.
External Links & References: