SBS Transit Bus Service 252 is a Jurong Industrial Service running from Boon Lay Bus Interchange and looping at Joo Koon Road, passing through Soon Lee and International Road. Int does not call at bus stops alog Jalan Boon Lay. Service 252 is the only service that calls directly outside Joo Koon MRT Station.
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Joo Koon Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jalan Boon Lay, Soon Lee, International Road|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
|Departure Times from T1||0545 – 2320 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 19 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 09 mins
After 1930: 08 – 20 mins
Service 252 serves the industrial areas around Soon Lee, International Road and Joo Koon with connections to Joo Koon MRT and Jurong West Town Centre at Boon Lay. The route skips bus stops along Jalan Boon Lay.
As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 252′s fleet comprises of air-conditioned Violvo B9TL and Volvo Olympian buses. Non air-conditioned Volvo Olympian 2-axle buses have been retired since late 2013.
|Loop Service (via Joo Koon Rd)|
- 1980s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1980/81: Introduced as Jurong Int – Gul Circle (Loop)
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int – Gul Circle (Loop) with closure of Jurong Int
- 1992: Calls at all stops along Jln Boon Lay and Interntional Rd
- 1995: Amended to loop at Joo Koon Road with modifications to the junction of Jln Ahmad Ibrahim, Joo Koon Way and Gul Way
- 2001: Merged with Service 250 and plies Soon Lee area.
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int along Jurong West St 64
- 2007: Air-conditioned buses deployed
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Int
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2001: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2001.