|Route||Joo Koon Bus Interchange ↺ Tuas Avenue 11 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Pioneer Road, Tuas Crescent|
|Traveling Time||50 – 60 mins|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
||0545 – 2315 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 10 mins
After 1930: 11 – 15 mins
Service 254 serves the industrial areas around Pioneer Road, Tuas Road, Tuas Crescent and Tuas Avenue 11 with connections to Joo Koon MRT. The route serves the full stretch of Tuas Road only when heading towards Tuas West, and not towards Joo Koon.
Formerly at 25.5km, it was the longest of Jurong Industrial Services, reaching all the way into Tuas West, before its route shortening to Joo Koon. As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
Route Shortening to Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 3 implementation (12 December 2015) shortened Service 254 to Joo Koon Bus Interchange, via Benoi Rd.
Service 254 continues to serve the full stretch of Tuas Road, only towards Tuas West. Also, Service 254 does not call at all bus stops along Benoi Rd except the stop before / after Joo Koon Int; those bus stops will be served by Service 257.
Operating hours are pushed back from 0545 – 2300 to 0600 – 2315 daily, owing to shorter travelling time between Joo Koon and Tuas West as compared to Boon Lay. However, the first bus timing was reverted back to 0545 from Joo Koon in Jan 2016.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See Above
|Loop Service (via Tuas Ave 11)|
- 1984 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1984: Introduced as Jurong Int – Tuas Avenue 12 (Loop), via Tuas Cres & Ave 20
- 1990 (1 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int – Tuas Avenue 12 (Loop) when Jurong Int closed, via Jln Ahmad Ibrahim
- 1995: Extended to Tuas Road, Tuas Avenue 11, Tuas Basin Link and full stretch of Tuas Road
- 1999-2001: Amended to ply Pioneer Rd between Pioneer Rd North and Tuas Rd
- 2001: Amended to Jurong West Street 64 and Boon Lay Way
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int along Jurong West St 64
- 2007: Air-conditioned buses deployed
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Int
- 2015 (12 Dec): Amended to Joo Koon Bus Interchange via Benoi Rd. Deleted sectors replaced by Service 251 and 253.
- 2016 (04 Jan): First bus timing from Joo Koon Int brought forward to 5.45am instead of 6.00am
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2001.