|Route||Joo Koon Bus Interchange ↺ Gul Cres (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Gul Circle, Gul Ave|
|Traveling Time||25 – 30 mins|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
||0545 – 2315 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 11 mins
1700-1930: 07 mins
After 1930: 10 – 14 mins
Service 255 serves the industrial areas around Gul, connecting them with Joo Koon MRT and Fairprice Hub.
As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
Route Shortening to Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of Phase 3 of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange Opening Route Amendments, Service 255 will be shortened to Joo Koon Int via Benoi Rd from 12 December 2015.
Operating hours are pushed back 15mins as the traveling time from Joo Koon to Gul Circle is faster as compared to from Boon Lay.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See Above
|Loop Service (via Gul Cres)|
- 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1978: Introduced as Jurong Int – Gul Crescent (Loop)
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int – Gul Crescent (Loop) when Jurong Int closed. Express sector along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim abolished.
- 1995 (15 Jan): Amended to ply Benoi Rd towards Gul Cres, Gul Ave and Gul Way after Gul Cres, and express sector along Jln Ahmad Ibrahim between Jln Boon Lay and Pioneer Rd
- 2001 (11 Feb): Under Jurong West Rationalisation, merged with Service 253 and amended to ply Benoi Sector and Pioneer Rd, and also to ply Jurong West St 63 towards Pioneer Rd North
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int along Jurong West St 64
- 2007: Air-conditioned buses deployed
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Int
- 2015 (12 Dec): Amended to Joo Koon Bus Interchange via Benoi Rd. Deleted sectors replaced by Service 192 and 253.
- 2016 (04 Jan): First bus timing from Joo Koon Int brought forward to 5.45am instead of 6.00am
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.