|Route||Joo Koon Bus Interchange ↺ Pioneer Sector 2 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Pioneer Sector 1, Pioneer Sector 3, Gul Rd|
|Travelling Time||35 – 45 mins|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian (TBC)
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
||0545 – 2330 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 06 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 06 mins
After 1930: 06 – 16 mins
Service 257 serves the industrial areas around Pioneer Sectors 1, 2 & 3 with connections to Joo Koon MRT and Fairprice Hub.
As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
Route Shortening to Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 2 implementation (28 November 2015) shortens Service 257 to Joo Koon Int via Benoi Rd. The deleted route sector from Boon Lay Int to Jln Ahmad Ibrahim will be replaced by the new Service 256.
Operating hours will also be pushed back from 0545 – 2320 to 0600 – 2330 daily, to compensate for the reduction in traveling time between Joo Koon and Pioneer Sector 2.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See Above.
- 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1978: Introduced as Jurong Int – Gul Road (Loop)
- 1990 (1 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int – Gul Road (Loop) when Jurong Int closed
- 1992: Amended to serve Pioneer Sector Lane instead of Pioneer Sector 2
- 2001 (11 Feb): Under Jurong West Rationalisation, merged with service 253 and amended to ply Benoi Rd and Pioneer Rd towards Pioneer Sector 2, and also to ply Jurong West Streets 61/62/63
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int along Jurong West St 64
- 2007: Air-conditioned buses deployed
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Int
- 2015 (28 Nov): Amended to Joo Koon Bus Interchange via Benoi Rd. Deleted sectors replaced by Service 256.
- 2016 (04 Jan): First bus timing from Joo Koon Int brought forward to 5.45am instead of 6.00am
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.