From 13 Jun 2016, an additional AM Trip will be added to City Direct 654, bringing the total number of AM trips to 6.
View a more updated version of this article at our new site, Land Transport Guru here.
City Direct Service 654 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct service between Sengkang and the CBD, passing through PIE, AYE and Shenton Way. It is the fourth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||[AM]: Anchorvale Street (Blk 336B) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Rd (Mapletree Anson) → Anchorvale Street (Blk 330)
|Passes Through||KPE, Marina Bay, Shenton Way|
|Current Operator||Ren Quan Transport Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private buses|
|Departure Times from T1||0730 – 0755 (Weekdays | 4 trips)|
|Departure Times from T2||1820 – 1835 (Weekdays | 2 trips)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 09 mins
After 1930: –
1700-1930: 15 mins
After 1930: –
- 2014 (20 Jan): Introduced as a bidirectional AM/PM-Peak hour service from Sengkang to the CBD under the BSEP. Operates two trips on weekday mornings at 7:35am and 7:50am, and weekday evenings at 6:20pm and 6:35pm. Charges Distance-based flat fares.
- 2014 (06 Apr): Revised fares as part of the Public Transport Fare Adjustment 2014
- 2014 (14 Jul): Third morning trip added, departure times from Anchorvale revised to 7:35am, 7:45am and 7:55am.
- 2015 (23 Mar): Calls at new bus stop 03241 Anson Rd – Mapletree Anson instead of 03222 Anson Rd – Hub Synergy Point
- 2015 (02 Nov): Fourth morning trip added, departure times from Anchorvale revised to 7:30am, 7:38am, 7:47am and 7:55am
- 2016 (18 Jan): Operating contract for City Direct 654 by Ren Quan Transport Pte Ltd extended by one more year.
City Direct service 654 provides residents of Sengkang with greater connectivity to the CBD. By running parallel to existing rail lines, the service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Rivervale Drive and Marina Bay via KPE, ECP and Shears Avenue.
This is the fourth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), and one of ten proposed City Direct bus routes to be progressively introduced until the 2nd Quarter of 2014. This provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
- From Anchorvale Street: 0730, 0738, 0747, 0755
- From Anson Road: 1820, 1835
Fares: Charges Flat fares based on the distance fare scheme for express services.
|Card Fares per trip:||$2.29*||Free||$0.90||$1.35|
|Cash Fares per trip:||$2.55||$2.55||$2.55||$2.55|
*PWD (Persons with Disabilities Transport Concession Scheme) – $1.35
*WTCS (Workfare Transport Concession Scheme) – $1.94
Fleet: Service 654′s fleet comprises of private buses. Common models sighted include Golden Dragon XML6103J98s and Isuzu LT134Ps.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|