City Direct Service 657 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Jurong West/East and the CBD, passing through Jurong East Avenue 1, Toh Guan and Shenton Way. It is the seventh City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||[AM]: Jurong West Avenue 1 (Blk 538) → Marina Boulevard (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Boulevard (Marina Bay Stn) → Jurong West Avenue 1 (Blk 536)
|Passes Through||Jurong East Ave 1, Toh Guan, Shenton Way|
|Route Length||20.6km (D1) | 20.4km (D2)|
|Current Operator||Transtar Travel Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private buses|
|Departure Times from T1||0730 – 0745 (Weekdays | 2 trips)|
|Departure Times from T2||1815 – 1830 (Weekdays | 2 trips)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 15 mins||1700-1930: 15 mins|
- 2014 (24 Feb): Introduced as a bidirectional AM/PM-Peak hour service from West Coast to the CBD under the BSEP. Operates two trips on weekday mornings at 7:30am and 7:45am, and weekday evenings at 6:15pm and 6:30pm. Charges Distance-based flat fares.
- 2014 (06 Apr): Revised fares as part of the Public Transport Fare Adjustment 2014
- 2015 (23 Mar): Calls at new bus stop 03241 Anson Rd – Mapletree Anson instead of 03222 Anson Rd – Hub Synergy Point
- 2016 (18 Jan): Operating contract for City Direct 657 by Transtar Travel Pte Ltd extended by one more year.
City Direct service 657 provides residents of Jurong West/East Avenue 1 and Toh Guan with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Toh Guan Road and Anson Road/Shenton Way via AYE.
This is the seventh City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), and one of ten City Direct bus routes to be progressively introduced until the 2nd Quarter of 2014. This provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
In addition to City Direct 657, Premium Services 542 and 543 also ply between Jurong East and the CBD.
Fares: Charges Flat fares based on the distance fare scheme for express services.
|Card Fares per trip:||
|Cash Fares per trip:||$2.55||$2.55||$2.55||$2.55|
*PWD (Persons with Disabilities Transport Concession Scheme) – $1.35
*WTCS (Workfare Transport Concession Scheme) – $1.90
Fleet: Service 657’s fleet comprises of private buses.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
External Links & References:
- City Direct Services 655 to 657 – LTA
Back to Bus Services
Back to City Direct Services
Back to Bus Articles-articles-2/”>Bus Articles