City Direct Service 659 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct service between Bedok and the CBD, passing through Bedok North, Bedok South and Marina Bay. It is the ninth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||[AM]: Bedok South Rd (Opp Temasek JC) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Rd (Mapletree Anson) → Bedok South Rd (Temasek JC)
|Passes Through||Bedok North Rd, Bedok North St 3, Marina Bay|
|Route Length||19.8km (D1) | 19.3km (D2) – Estimated|
|Current Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private buses|
|Departure Times from T1||0730 – 0750 (Weekdays | 3 trips)|
|Departure Times from T2||1815 – 1830 (Weekdays | 2 trips)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 10 mins||1700-1930: 15 mins|
- 2014 (09 Jun): Introduced as a bidirectional AM/PM-Peak hour service from Bedok to the CBD under the BSEP. Operates two trips on weekday mornings at 7:30am and 7:45am, and weekday evenings at 6:15pm and 6:30pm. Charges Distance-based flat fares.
- 2015 (19 Jan): Additional AM Trip added at 0740hrs cope with growing demand. Last trip pushed back to 0750hrs.
- 2015 (23 Mar): Calls at new bus stop 03241 Anson Rd – Mapletree Anson instead of 03222 Anson Rd – Hub Synergy Point
City Direct service 659 provides residents of Bedok South and Bedok North with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Bedok North Road and Marina Bay via PIE, KPE and Sheares Avenue.
This is the ninth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), and one of ten City Direct bus routes to be progressively introduced until the 2nd Quarter of 2014. This provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
- Direction 1 towards CBD: 0730hrs, 0740hrs, 0750hrs
- Direction 2 towards Bedok South: 1815hrs, 1830hrs
Fares: Charges Flat fares based on the distance fare scheme for express services.
|Card Fares per trip:||$2.21*||Free||$0.90||$1.35|
|Cash Fares per trip:||$2.55||$2.55||$2.55||$2.55|
*PWD (Persons with Disabilities Transport Concession Scheme) – $1.35
*WTCS (Workfare Transport Concession Scheme) – $1.87
Fleet: Service 659’s fleet comprises of private buses operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
External Links & References: