Peak Period Short Service 811P is a PPSS bus route from Yishun Central to Yishun Temp Int, looping at Yishun Avenue 1, passing through Yishun Avenue 2, Ring Road and Street 81. Operating during weekday peak hours, it runs alongside Intratown 811 and alleviates crowding on high-demand sectors during peak hours.
The route commenced operations on Tuesday, 20 January 2015, operated by Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd.
|Route||Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201) → Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange via Yishun Avenue 1|
|Passes Through||Yishun Ave 2, Ave 3, Ring Rd, Ave 4, St 81|
|Current Operator||Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from T1||Weekdays:
AM Peak: 0600hrs – 0800hrs
PM Peak: 1800hrs – 2000hrs
|0630-0830: ~12 mins
1700-1930: ~12 mins
After 1930: —
Service 811P duplicates the south loop of Intratown 811, serving between Yishun MRT / Interchange and Yishun Street 81. Operated using private buses from Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd, the route helps to relieve frequent overcrowding on Service 811. It is the 13th PPSS service to be introduced, commencing operations alongside Service 812P on Tuesday, 20 January 2015.
Peak Period Short Services operate at least five trips per hour during Weekday AM and PM peak periods. This initiative taps on the resources of Private Bus Operators to run shorter bus services to augment the resources of the Public Transport Operators (PTOs).
Fare: Basic fares capped at 3.2km. See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 811P′s fleet fully comprises private buses from Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd.
- 2014 (25 Feb): Tender for PPSS 811P opens
- 2014 (14 Oct): Tender for PPSS 811P awarded to Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd
- 2015 (20 Jan): Introduced as a PPSS route from Yishun Int and looping at Yishun Ave 1 under the BSEP.
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int. Starting point relocated to Yishun Central.
- Jan 2015 – Present: Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for Peak Period Short Services lasts for 2 years and will be renewed when it expires.
External Links & References:
- Five More Peak Period Short Services to be Launched Progressively from End 2014 – Less Crowding, Shorter Waiting Times for Feeder Bus Services