Peak Period Short Service 812P is a PPSS bus route from Yishun Central and looping at Yishun Avenue 3, passing through Yishun Ring Road and Avenue 2. Operating during weekday peak hours, it runs alongside Intratown 812 and alleviates crowding on high-demand sectors during peak hours.
The route commenced operations on Tuesday, 20 January 2015, operated by Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd.
|Route||Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201) → Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange via Yishun Avenue 3|
|Passes Through||Yishun Ring Rd, Ave 2|
|Route Length||12.1 km|
|Travelling Time||45 mins|
|Current Operator||Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from T1||Weekdays:
AM Peak: 0615hrs – 0815hrs
PM Peak: 1715hrs – 1915hrs
|0630-0830: ~12 mins
1700-1930: ~12 mins
After 1930: —
Service 812P duplicates the west loop of Intratown 812, serving between Yishun MRT / Interchange and Yishun Avenue 3. Operated using private buses from Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd, the route helps to relieve frequent overcrowding on Service 812. It is the 14th PPSS service to be introduced, commencing operations alongside Service 811P on Tuesday, 20 January 2015.
Due to the opening of Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange from 14 Mar 2015, Commuters taking 812P are to board at Bus Stop 59161 Opp Blk 201 Yishun Central near Yishun Temp Int Berth 7.
Peak Period Short Services operate at least five trips per hour during Weekday AM and PM peak periods. This initiative taps on the resources of Private Bus Operators to run shorter bus services to augment the resources of the Public Transport Operators (PTOs).
Fare: Basic fares capped at 3.2km. See Fare Table.
Fleet: Service 812P′s fleet fully comprises private buses from Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd.
- 2014 (25 Feb): Tender for PPSS 812P opens
- 2014 (14 Oct): Tender for PPSS 812P awarded to Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd
- 2015 (20 Jan): Introduced as a PPSS route from Yishun Int and looping at Yishun Ave 3 under the BSEP.
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to start from Yishun Central due to opening of Yishun Temp Int
- Jan 2015 – Present: Bus-Plus Services Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for Peak Period Short Services lasts for 2 years and will be renewed when it expires.
External Links & References:
- Five More Peak Period Short Services to be Launched Progressively from End 2014 – Less Crowding, Shorter Waiting Times for Feeder Bus Services